First 7D alpha released!

Started by g3gg0, October 12, 2012, 10:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 10, 2012, 01:34:21 AM
i am currently running stability tests and cleaning up stuff i prepared for alpha 2.
expect the alpha 2 to arrive on xmas or before if there isnt any show stopper like the last time ;)

Btw, did you use the workaround or did you solve and squashed the shutdown bug?

42kwisatzhaderach

Way to go G3gg0. Good catch on that workaround inky38.

Digital Corpus

g3gg0,

Thank you again for the hard work you have done. It's good to see that others were able to help out and create a workaround for the shutdown bug. I'm eagerly awaiting that Alpha 2. It's not fair that the 5D MK III is ahead of us in that regard ;). Anyhow, I see commits for the intervalometer and trap focus. What else might you have in store for the next alpha? :p
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

feureau

>Anyhow, I see commits for the intervalometer and trap focus.

How did you saw this?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

feureau

Strangeframe

Can we do headphone monitoring with this ML?  If so, what hardware will I need?

Mahalo!

Digital Corpus

This is an alpha and has to be re-loaded after each time the camera shuts down. Please search/read the release page... It would have taken less time than registering and waiting for such a reply.
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

RAK1966

Hello all together,
I think about buying the EOS 7D. But I need your help. I'm not really shure about my decision, for that here are my questions:
1. Does the EOS 7D have a clean HDMI out for recording with an extern recorder?
2. Is the HMDI-out in the 4:2:2 format?

Thank your for your answers!

Best regards Ralf

jphansen

jayzed

Just another thank you for getting this working. I really can't believe the improvement in my video. Being a rank amateur (I'm a sound guy who moved over to the dark side in April) I need all the help I can get, so I say again - hoo-bloody-ray for zebras and focus peaking. If nothing else ever comes out of this, that's enough. I am looking forward to not having to load ML every time I boot , but I can live with it. I've just gone and bought the Mosaic anti-aliasing filter, a (surprisingly good) no-name follow focus and one of those video monopods with the fluid 'foot' and I'm loving what I'm creating. Nothing good enough for you lot to see, of course, but for me - it's fantastic. I'll drop another small donation when the next version comes out. No, that's not a bribe, I'm just skint after buying all that crap listed above :-)

Strangeframe

No word on headphone monitoring for the 7D?

chasv

Quote from: Strangeframe on December 12, 2012, 09:56:26 PM
No word on headphone monitoring for the 7D?

Pray do tell, where are you hoping to plug your headphones into?

Strangeframe

Quote from: chasv on December 12, 2012, 11:13:15 PM
Pray do tell, where are you hoping to plug your headphones into?

There are solutions for the 5D even the Rebel 2ti using various ports on the camera and adapters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEtj5l3acs

feureau

It looks like it already works with that thing on the 7D without ML

Strangeframe

Nope. That method doesnʻt seem to work...yet. Thatʻs why Iʻm asking the ML guys.

chasv

Quote from: Strangeframe on December 12, 2012, 11:26:40 PM
There are solutions for the 5D even the Rebel 2ti using various ports on the camera and adapters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEtj5l3acs

Very interesting. Had not come across the FiiO e5 before.

adamtoms

any more news on this? Would love to get the v2 before i go away at Christmas?  :)

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

feureau

This will be the best Christmas since a really long time. :3

SonicScot

5D Mark ll with ML 2.3
7D with ML Alpha2
Couple of L lenses and lots of old, manual lenses.

RAK1966

Can we in the version 2 already set a higher bitrate?

da.vanderzon

It will be exciting to use the new functionality. The first alpha already changed my way of filming with the 7D.

feureau

Quote from: RAK1966 on December 19, 2012, 10:22:18 AM
Can we in the version 2 already set a higher bitrate?

We can already do this. Check the halloween bitmonster.

adamtoms

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 19, 2012, 09:47:11 AM
it will come before the 24th ;)
Thats great, thanks g3gg0!  ;D agree with da.vanderzon, this really given my camera a new lease of life, going to be a good Christmas for sure!