3.Remove CF card

4.copy alpha 1 firmware to  CF Card

5.Update firmware to 7D000203_ML.FIR

but my camera  canot loading alpha 1 firmware

Is still the old firmware :'(

why??

Can not be used Factors that communication with the battery

the802

Looks awesome, just checking, do you have to reinstall the firmware upgrade everytime you turn on the camera for it to work?

Digital Corpus

Yes, it's installed into RAM right now without autoboot
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

be21

Hi

I have a small problem with the software. It installed onto the 7d perfectly and i was able to run it smoothly. But. whenever I turn off my 7d and turn it back on again the program uninstalls itself and its back to the canon V2.0.3 software

can anyone help me?

Thanks

beej

Quote from: be21 on October 17, 2012, 10:28:23 AMI have a small problem with the software. It installed onto the 7d perfectly and i was able to run it smoothly. But. whenever I turn off my 7d and turn it back on again the program uninstalls itself and its back to the canon V2.0.3 software

can anyone help me?

This is intentional behaviour at this time.

g3gg0

Quote from: badazzery on October 17, 2012, 12:07:34 AM
OK, I'm so stoked at this development. I upgraded my firmware and loaded the ML 7D alpha. It comes up but the screen is gibberish, I can go from menu item to item but it is totally illegible. Anyone else here experiencing this?

did you extract all files ans folders in the zip into your cards root folder?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

a1ex

Quote from: feureau on October 14, 2012, 01:02:47 AM
I created some custom cropmarks and if I load them on ML, it would freeze the camera.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2b8zs7eilb2exp9

Solved, thanks for the examples!

These cropmarks were using some non-RLE constructs, like uncompressed data in the middle of RLE, or large blobs of bitmap data skipped.

The parser is still not perfect (it won't handle all the extreme cases), but at least it now renders those cropmarks just fine.

Papa schulz

5596 downloade ^^ you can't buy the IDA Pro :), do you need more donation ?

stir fry a lot

THIS THREAD IS ONLY 11 PAGES LONG. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THING BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION AS IT MOST LIKELY HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED SEVERAL TIMES. MANY TIMES THE ANSWER HAS BEEN ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE DUPLICATE QUESTION JUST A POST OR TWO UP!

Maybe a mod can put something at the top of the op instructing people to read the thread first before asking for help? This would only be about six or so pages long if it weren't for all the redundant questions.

-End rant

How far away are you guys from acquiring IDA Pro? I'm halfway tempted to just to give you guys the difference if it's not too much.

Testimony about the decompiling software in question and why donations are so important to not only the ML team but us as well.
Quote"The application took me about 250 hours of labor to figure out the function. With IDA and Hex-Rays I was able to solve the same problem in about 3 hours."

Papa schulz

I wondered if he had enough money to buy the IDA PRO.

read before writing

Quote from: Papa schulz on October 17, 2012, 02:24:02 PMdo you need more donation ?

g3gg0

@Papa schulz:
the rant of 'stir fry a lot' was not against you, but the posts before that ask about .fir loading ;)

at the moment we are checking which license/OS we choose for which developer.
another 500 EUR and both, alex and me will get the HEXARM decompiler for our native OS :)
we are still discussing the exact configuration.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

stir fry a lot

I'm coming into some money at the beginning of next month. I assume 500eur is about $800 american? I can probably swing something very close to that in a matter of weeks. Keep the donations coming in though people. I'm not coming into that much money  :) I really want to do something for the devs to make their lives easier though. The time they are spending on this could be time well spent elsewhere instead.

Papa schulz

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 17, 2012, 05:23:31 PM
@Papa schulz:
the rant of 'stir fry a lot' was not against you, but the posts before that ask about .fir loading ;)

I'm sory "stir fry a lot"

thx for the reply g3gg0

Not easy to translation. I'm use google translation and is not very good some time. Sory

stir fry a lot

beej

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 17, 2012, 05:23:31 PMat the moment we are checking which license/OS we choose for which developer.
another 500 EUR and both, alex and me will get the HEXARM decompiler for our native OS :)
we are still discussing the exact configuration.

Ok, time for me to live up to my promise. One donation for the 7D announcement: done. One donation for the first alpha: Will do in a bit. I'll also donate again when the beta hits, and once again when the release hits. :)

Come on people, let's get these guys the tools they need...

exe

Awesome, useful, amazing! Can't wait for all the features to be available on the 7D :D! Do you think that will happen until Dec. 21 :)?

RenatoPhoto

ML for 7D is at more than 6000 downloads.  Ok now just work on Alpha 2, release it with a $1 donation and you should have your tools really quick. 

I am sure that everybody will be willing to pay $1 for Alpha 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

g3gg0

just to keep you informed:
intervalometer, bracketing (HDR, apterture) and bulb ramping seems to work fine.
i am just having shutdown issues which means, powering off the camera will turn the screen black, but it will still consume power.
this happens only after one of these functions was used.

removing battery and re-insert will of course work ;)
as this looks like a generic problem of shutting down (how tasks should behave) we are investigating this atm.

Digital Corpus

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 18, 2012, 09:01:53 AM
intervalometer, bracketing (HDR, apterture) and bulb ramping seems to work fine.
i am just having shutdown issues which means, powering off the camera will turn the screen black, but it will still consume power.

as this looks like a generic problem of shutting down (how tasks should behave) we are investigating this atm.
Since you mention shutdown, is it safe to assume it cleanly boots from the card now?
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

Dallas56

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 18, 2012, 09:01:53 AM

Great news, these are the features I am looking forward to using :)

g3gg0

Quote from: Digital Corpus on October 18, 2012, 09:49:02 AM
Since you mention shutdown, is it safe to assume it cleanly boots from the card now?

it was doing that before, we use FIR for that alpha as
a) alphas are not for productional use, just for testing features
b) it is safer not to modify flash before we are not sure that it is safe
c) hey this device is worth 2k$, i wont recommend you to patch the flags yet ;)

this shutdown problem isnt linked to startup method. it also happens in FIR mode.

mimiloveyou

Good!!!Good!!!Good JOB!!!

Thank you for your energy.

Sorry for my bad english I'm french.

Digital Corpus

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 18, 2012, 10:04:01 AM
it was doing that before, we use FIR for that alpha as
a) alphas are not for productional use, just for testing features
b) it is safer not to modify flash before we are not sure that it is safe
c) hey this device is worth 2k$, i wont recommend you to patch the flags yet ;)

this shutdown problem isnt linked to startup method. it also happens in FIR mode.

a) Yeah, but one can have some serious fun ;)
b) I've help with embedded platforms before, I understand what's going on
c) Yeah yeah yeah :p. Bricking this beautifully expensive tech is out of the question

You have no idea how much I (and obviously many others) appreciate the work you're doing. Thank you for your dedication to this aging camera. I was fearful I'd have to drop ~500 on a T2i/T3i to get this toolset for recording video on a trip I'll be taking. I'm just antsy for more usable features. It's like Christmas for 7D owners yet we get to impatiently watching the toys being made in front of us ;).

SonicScot

Quote from: Digital Corpus on October 18, 2012, 11:50:04 AMYou have no idea how much I (and obviously many others) appreciate the work you're doing. Thank you for your dedication to this aging camera. I was fearful I'd have to drop ~500 on a T2i/T3i to get this toolset for recording video on a trip I'll be taking. I'm just antsy for more usable features. It's like Christmas for 7D owners yet we get to impatiently watching the toys being made in front of us ;).
Well put, I couldn't agree more.  :)

I'm an ML virgin so I'm very excited to have these new features on my 7D. I've followed the developments for a couple of years, always with my fingers crossed for the magic to happen on a 7D. (fingers are knackered now  :o )

I use, primarily, old manual lenses so the focus peaking/trap is invaluable to my dodgy old eyes, especially when using fast glass like the Nikon 50/1.2
I have now crossed my remaining fingers and toes for the HDR elements to come into play, but I'm a patient guy so if it arrives this year I'll be very happy.

Many thanks to all involved.  :)
5D Mark ll with ML 2.3
7D with ML Alpha2
Couple of L lenses and lots of old, manual lenses.

sanderbontje

Quote from: SonicScot on October 18, 2012, 12:13:03 PM
I use, primarily, old manual lenses so the focus peaking/trap is invaluable to my dodgy old eyes, especially when using fast glass like the Nikon 50/1.2
That's exactly why I bought a SmallHD DP4 field monitor last month, it has very good focus assist and peaking modes. Who would have known my 7D would be able to do that in the near future too!

Donated again. Thanks for the great weekend coming up, I will be testing ML. :)