Camera keeps automatically adjusting light/dark

Started by mobkon, October 11, 2012, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobkon

Hey guys, Im sort of a noob when it comes to video with DSLRs.  I did a couple test videos last night out in public and I couldn't get the camera to stop automatically adjusting brightness.  Im assuming its automatically adjusting the ISO (I think?), but Im pretty sure I have all this set to manual.  When I look at the ISO display on the bottom of the viewfinder, it does not change value, yet the video definitely adjusts itself for brighter or darker shots.  Is the camera firmware and magic lantern conflicting?  How/where do I fix this?  Need help ASAP as I have an event tonight and I'm pressed for time!

Thanks!

ilguercio

Make sure you set exposure override to ON or Auto.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

mobkon

Quote from: ilguercio on October 11, 2012, 05:33:07 PM
Make sure you set exposure override to ON or Auto.

Great thanks for the reply! I won't have the camera on me to change this until tonight so do you mind telling me which menu it's in so I'm not fumbling around for it?

Also, this is probably a dumb question, but since ML is running off the SD card, if I change cards, do I have to have the ML files on the new card as well?

nanomad

1) Look under Exposure menu
2) Check the FAQ , the answer is: you need to re-install ML on each card you use
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mobkon

So I just checked and Exposure Override is already set to "On" and I'm still experiencing the issue.

Confused!

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

mobkon

Quote from: a1ex on October 12, 2012, 07:11:36 AM
What camera?

Canon T3i running ML 2.3. Haven't had a chance to check if HDR video is enabled or not. If it is, what else could it be?

a1ex