Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

These removed builds weren't even being maintained, so I don't understand what the loss is.  A different time stamp on the build doesn't mean new features or bug fixes.

feragnoli

hello, maybe a stupid question:
where are nightlies for the 50D to be found at http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ ?
the camera is not listed among the platforms..?

thank you

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

truespinmice

a1xjlq1

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

truespinmice

a1xjlq1

I understand that you gave me a URL for the 7D not the 700D I assume that this is not usable.
Do you have something simular for the 700D ?

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: a1xjlq1 on January 03, 2014, 02:11:45 PM
I understand that you gave me a URL for the 7D not the 700D I assume that this is not usable.
Do you have something simular for the 700D ?
Sorry I missed the extra zero....

On this Youtube video you will find a link to the build that contains the fir file.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-sToCnONI

Also on the first page of 700D/T5i you will find a link to another video with links:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8550.0

feragnoli

@ RenatoPhoto, I have the same question: should that lik be to builds for the 50D?
I only see 7D and EOSM in there..?
thank you

RenatoPhoto

Darksedar

Where can I download the nightly version for the 50d?
The 50d is no longer displayed in the nightly version

Sorry for my english, I'm from Germany

Walter Schulz

a1ex

50D nightly is back, thanks to ayshih!

Also 7D and EOS M nightlies are back, thanks to Pelican and jordancolburn, but that's already old news. They now have a tough job of backporting the new stuff from 1%, so your help is more than welcome (both testing feedback and help with merging the code from TL).

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

truespinmice

yes yes yes! Thank you guys!
...download before they gone :)

feragnoli

hello, trying to install the last nightly for 50D, I get an error about the FONTS.DAT file missing.
I copied the one in the stable release and the nightly did install but it freezes trying to boot the different modules (rawrec etc)
anybody had the same issue?

thanks

gary2013

Quote from: feragnoli on January 07, 2014, 01:05:23 PM
hello, trying to install the last nightly for 50D, I get an error about the FONTS.DAT file missing.
I copied the one in the stable release and the nightly did install but it freezes trying to boot the different modules (rawrec etc)

thanks
what camera are you using? I have the M and I have to always NOT install the dot tune module.

ayshih

Quote from: feragnoli on January 07, 2014, 01:05:23 PM

Thanks for trying out the latest nightly build!  However, I don't encounter either of the issues you've described with either of the recent nightly builds that are available (magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan06.50D109.zip and magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan07.50D109.zip, which actually contain the same code).  I do not get any error about FONTS.DAT missing, even though it is not there, nor do I get any problems with booting with modules enabled (raw_rec by itself, or all included modules).

Did you make sure to delete the old autoexec.bin and the whole ML directory before copying over the nightly build?  You may wish to try reformatting the CF card and starting fresh to make sure that the stable ML (2.3) works fine, then trying again with nightly build (again, remembering to delete all the old files before copying over the new ones).
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

ayshih

Quote from: a1ex on January 06, 2014, 10:24:36 PM
50D nightly is back, thanks to ayshih!

Also 7D and EOS M nightlies are back, thanks to Pelican and jordancolburn, but that's already old news. They now have a tough job of backporting the new stuff from 1%, so your help is more than welcome (both testing feedback and help with merging the code from TL).

Now that the nightlies are back for these models, can you (or someone with permissions) edit the original post so that it doesn't immediately tell people to go to TL builds?  TL can be mentioned as an even-more-bleeding-edge option, of course.

argas

Hello.
I just download magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan09.550D109.
Movie Tweaks - Time indicator dont work for me.
no matter what option I choose shows the same (space left on card).
Greting.

eikerir

Quote from: argas on January 09, 2014, 11:16:49 AM
Hello.
I just download magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan09.550D109.
Movie Tweaks - Time indicator dont work for me.
no matter what option I choose shows the same (space left on card).
Greting.

Been having the same issue for a while on the 600D, it's the main reason why i always go back to the stable 2.3 release. I hope there's a fix because i love everything else about the latest builds.

davidcl0nel

Yesterday I updated ML to magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan15.5D3113 on 5D3 - earlier i used an September20-build with dualiso and rawvideo - and it works perfectly for me.
Then I want to test the DotTune-module - I never tried this (except with the old September and now this version).

I use a tripod, a tele lens (small DOF) on 3m distance to a picture frame on the wall, use Liveview for focus, set the lense to MF and go into the menu.
The iteration works, but it seems that ML can't set the calibration value into the register - he try between -100 and +100, and its always in focus (dot/red light in VF). If I manually set different values into the original canon menu - it works, and I get at -12 and 15 or so no focus indication - so my lens is ok, and this kind of test works - but not with the ML iteration automatic. It searchs and later there is an error message, that I should double check, if it is in focus. I event tried several lenses.
Am I too stupid, is something broken (and I don't find it), or ..?

Thanks again.
60D & 5D3

ayshih

Quote from: davidcl0nel on January 16, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Yesterday I updated ML to magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan15.5D3113 on 5D3 - earlier i used an September20-build with dualiso and rawvideo - and it works perfectly for me.
Then I want to test the DotTune-module - I never tried this (except with the old September and now this version).

Quote from: davidcl0nel on January 16, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Am I too stupid, is something broken (and I don't find it), or ..?

Hmm, your procedure sounds correct (thanks for being so explicit in your description!).  I've just recently played a bunch with the DotTune module on builds from last week, and I'm pretty certain that the automatic scanning works on my 50D.  Here are some thoughts:

• The menu for the DotTune module should display the current AFMA setting.  Does it look like it's reading the value you set through the Canon menu?
  • If, instead of an automatic sweep, you configure the DotTune module to manually sweep from -20 to 20, does it work then?
  • I see from your signature that you also have a 60D; can you try to see if the DotTune module works on that camera?

Edit: just tested automatic scanning with the DotTune module using the Jan 17 nightly build, and it works on my 50D

llirik

I'm wondering if anyone could clear something up...

I get the idea of the nightly builds... but whenever I've looked there, the change log is SO confusing. In the past, I would follow threads and then I would see a new "build" date being talked about (this is for 5D 3 raw) and I would grab that and there'd be some discussion on changes or important fixes (i.e., separate audio being removed for raw)

I'm using the August 20- something build and came on here and I see mentions of an October build... but looking at the drive change log doc it's all voodoo code talk that I don't understand and I'm not sure how to see what the difference would be between the 5 month old build I'm using and something more recent.

Can somebody explain this a bit more, specifically in relation to the 5D3. What i've read on the forums here has now just confused me a whole lot more.

Thanks,