Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfino

I would like to get a nightly build version on my 6D, but there is no .fir file on the download.  What .fir file should I use?
Carl...

KurtAugust

Quote from: lister on October 11, 2013, 01:30:21 PM
mine never shuts down and its always above 55..
anyways, so, its not possible to turn off temperature warning?
and as screenshot shows, it wasnt there few months ago..

Same request here. A reason for me to stick with older builds, I'm afraid.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

bluefish

noob here...

i just bought my first DSLR, a 5D mkIII, and am trying to install ML but the nightly build seems to be missing the '5D3-113-bootflag.fir' file.  i've searched and can't seem to find it.  any hints?

apologies for probably missing the obvious...

(on an unrelated and off-topic note, almost all of the installation guides suggest formatting memory cards as exfat, but also say to format in the camera and not via the computer, which is a contradiction?... as i understand it, the camera formats fat unless the cards are 128GB or larger, yes?)

thanks
5D mk III; 2 x Canon S90s w/ SDM/CHDK

KurtAugust

How about the August 21st build? (938047c)
If not pm me.

I format my cards in the computer. I think you're right, but haven't checked. (I haven't reformatted my cards yet. So far so good. Just copy files and delete.)

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: bluefish on October 24, 2013, 07:51:04 AM
i just bought my first DSLR, a 5D mkIII, and am trying to install ML but the nightly build seems to be missing the '5D3-113-bootflag.fir' file.  i've searched and can't seem to find it.  any hints?

The first install is totally different then nightly build. 
The fir file is here: http://a1ex.magiclantern.fm/bleeding-edge/5D3/5D3-113-bootflag.fir

You probably should read:
Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 + DevKit
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2602.0

and this:

RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide, FAQ & Useful Links -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0

Quote from: bluefish on October 24, 2013, 07:51:04 AM
(on an unrelated and off-topic note, almost all of the installation guides suggest formatting memory cards as exfat, but also say to format in the camera and not via the computer, which is a contradiction?... as i understand it, the camera formats fat unless the cards are 128GB or larger, yes?)
For the installation , i.e SD card for 5D3, it is suggested to format the card in camera to prepared it for the card booting operation.  exfat is good because the files do not get split when they reach >4GB.  On 5D3 you should be recording RAW video on CF card for better recording speed so you do not need to format CF in camera.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

bluefish

Thanks guys!  That all worked.  Amazing how several of the guides don't differentiate between nightly build and 1st install.  I installed the nightly build 'magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct24.5D3113' on my 5D mk III and it works great so far. However I have a new issue...

I have 2 x CF cards, a new KomputerBay 64GB 1000X and a Red 16GB that was given away at a trade show.  I've reformatted the KomputerBay to exfat on my Mac and when the card is put into the camera, the camera doesn't start up.  It's like a brick, nothing.  Pull it out and everything is fine. I've also tried formatting the card as fat, also on my Mac.

The camera will start with the Red card but won't allow recording.  Something about 'Card 1 Cannot Be Accessed'.  Also tried reformatting it.

Any thoughts?  Bad card slot?  Bad cards?  Bad nightly build?  User error?  I'm guessing (hoping) for user error.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: bluefish on October 25, 2013, 05:19:07 AM
I have 2 x CF cards, a new KomputerBay 64GB 1000X and a Red 16GB that was given away at a trade show.  I've reformatted the KomputerBay to exfat on my Mac and when the card is put into the camera, the camera doesn't start up.  It's like a brick, nothing.  Pull it out and everything is fine. I've also tried formatting the card as fat, also on my Mac.

The camera will start with the Red card but won't allow recording.  Something about 'Card 1 Cannot Be Accessed'.  Also tried reformatting it.

I recall some trouble with the mac thing and card format but dont know how to solve it.  I also have read that some card readers can damage your cards, I was asked this question by Lexar when I returned a bad card.

I found a link to a similar problem, you will have to use our search button or read more post or hope that someone with the problem reads.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5510.msg58426#msg58426
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

bluefish

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on October 25, 2013, 01:43:49 PM
I also have read that some card readers can damage your cards, I was asked this question by Lexar when I returned a bad card.

thanks again, RenatoPhoto.  I'll move this to a more appropriate part of the forum after this...

used the recommended USB 3.0 Kingston card reader, so it's not that.  i'm guessing it's 2 different problems... someone once told me that Red CF cards don't work on some/any Canon cameras, so that may be one issue.  I looked at the pins on the camera and all seems well.  so I simply might have a bad KomputerBay card... forgot to test it pre-ML, my bad.

thanks!

bluefish

quick follow up, it was bad CF cards.  not a problem with ML or the camera.

thanks, all!

vedia

lifeskills

Hey fellas, I'm using the ghost image auto update feature on the 5d2 and the ghost image is shrunk down to the upper left 1/4 of the screen.  Not sure if it's a bug or my settings, but would love to get it overlayed on the full screen to do some hyperlapse.  Any ideas?  This is on the latest nightly build.

Thanks

EDIT: never mind, I found the issue.  My playback mode was set up with a the small photo with the histogram.  Once I set it back to full size it works fine

sutobe

Is this going to be fixed?

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1715/no-aperture-stop-indication-sincenightly

The lack of this with the actual fonts keeps me from trying any new Nightly Build because I really'd like to have Expo Compensation indicator.

Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

romainhartane

Hi everybody, I am a newby, owner of a canon SL1/100D and would like to try the nightly builds. But I cannot find my platform on the download link for my camera thought it is written some features are working on this document : http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/features.html !

Can anybody explain me why and help me please ? Anybody has ever tried on a SL1 ? Thanks for the answer !

Great job anyway, I don't understand so much in code and stuff like that but think the achievements are really usefull :)

Doyle4

Any new news on Aettr for 600D? i miss it..

Cheers,

a1ex

You need to find somebody with:

a) a 600D
b) interested in raw overlays in photo mode and ETTR
c) some coding skills
d) some free time
e) willing to fix it and share the fix.

Doyle4

Wished i had the coding skills as i would loved to of helped out as i have a 600D,

Sorry about that, am i ok to post your quote in General chat to see if someone can help?

Thanks.

ToniX

Quote from: Doyle4 on October 29, 2013, 02:14:33 PM
Any new news on Aettr for 600D? i miss it..

Cheers,
I missed it too. The feature tab needs to be updated, since AETTR for 600D is signed as active. ::)
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

a1ex

The feature table is generated from the compilation log, and it shows ETTR as inactive for 600D:

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/features.html

Doyle4

auto expose needs removing from 600d list as still not working, posted to the dev who made it and he says he doesn't know why and havent heard anymore.

KurtAugust

Yesterday's and today's build are not working for me on 5d3. Raw recording stops immediately. Am I the only one having troubles?
No problems using older build (26/9/13).

kgv5

I am using 30.10 build with no problem on 5d3.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

KurtAugust

It's the weirdest thing, today I can't replicate the problem anymore. Camera must have had an off-day.

5D3shooter

Latest Nov4 nightly build for the 5D3 seems to be heating up the camera very quickly.  I wasn't even recording—I was just looking through the live view and trying different settings and the temperature reading at the top of the screen became red and showed 65C.  And the camera also felt very hot—hotter than I've ever felt it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Lucky Luke

hi Magics of the Lantern

Also strange behaviour with the last 4thNov Nightly Build on my Transcend CF
It was not possible to turn on the 5d3.
Replacing CF with an older build was also not possible.
Had to format the camera in Windows and put an older build.

What I also noticed is that transfer rates are changing from one nightly build to another
between 80 to 119MB/sek 

Thank U dear ML!