Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deletedAcc.0021

When pressing Disp on the 600D, control overlays for ISO & Kelvin not showing up.  Controls work, just no display.  Don't know if this is intentional, but preferred the overlays.

600D
magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Sep20.600D102 build

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: dslrrookie on September 20, 2013, 03:00:06 PM
When pressing Disp on the 600D, control overlays for ISO & Kelvin not showing up.  Controls work, just no display.  Don't know if this is intentional, but preferred the overlays.

600D
magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Sep20.600D102 build

Control overlays will appear after pressing set to white balance, and the controls work. But when pressing Disp again to turn controls off, partial overlays still remain on screen. 

Doyle4

itll get solved im sure, i dont get overlays when pressing Display button.. this is nightly remember :)

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 20, 2013, 04:38:28 PM
itll get solved im sure, i dont get overlays when pressing Display button.. this is nightly remember :)

Yep, I know... just pointing it out.

If you hit disp then hit set to white balance, the next time you hit disp the overlays work.  Somethings wonky, but I'm sure they'll take care of it.

I was able to record 850 frames of raw with no pink frames ... a first for the nightly's.

Doyle4

dont show for me after pressing set.

nice frame count, not tested raw on my 600D, i use my mkii for, sd far to slow for raw unfortunately.

Rewind

Seems like something wrong with ETTR hint (650D, RGB log histogram, Use raw histogram ON, Clip warning On, all defaults basically).
Image is fairly overexposed, but ETTR hint shows a positive value.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Doyle4 on September 20, 2013, 04:44:40 PM
dont show for me after pressing set.

nice frame count, not tested raw on my 600D, i use my mkii for, sd far to slow for raw unfortunately.

Up until now, I've used TL for raw.  But I keep testing the nightly's hoping for an improvement.  I can get 100 frames @ 720 resolution, which, with no pink frames, is usable.  For now I just use it for personal use, but I'd like to incorporate it in with my commercial stuff.

a1ex

Quote from: Rewind on September 20, 2013, 04:51:04 PM
Image is fairly overexposed, but ETTR hint shows a positive value.

Without seeing the image and the ETTR settings, it's impossible to tell.

Rewind

Quote from: a1ex on September 20, 2013, 04:58:32 PM
Without seeing the image and the ETTR settings, it's impossible to tell.
ETTR module doesn't loaded in this example.
Unfortunately, screengrab feature doesn't show the picture itself in bmp.

Upd. Sorry, A1ex, my bad. Found a mistake. Post may be deleted.

a1ex

Rewind

Quote from: a1ex on September 20, 2013, 05:06:29 PM
It does, but only if you read the user guide ;)

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#screenshot_10_s

Can't reproduce here, it says OVER.
Oh, by the way, someone asked this already, but 422-jpg-v2.exe doesn't work with these screengrab 422 files. Are there any other plugins or transcoders for 422?

a1ex

Can you upload one? Last time I've checked it was working...

They are all linked in the same user guide that nobody reads.

Rewind

Quote from: a1ex on September 20, 2013, 05:15:10 PM
Can you upload one? Last time I've checked it was working...

They are all linked in the same user guide that nobody reads.

Well, I have to admit, that reading the manual is a hell of an advice. I'm going to do that right now.
YUV422 Convertor works fine. Sorry for meaningless posts.

Doyle4

Well worth a read... you will still post a question thats covered in the manual... i do haha not that i do it on purpose, i dont mean too just theres ALOT of info in the manual, its now my bed time story ;)

a1ex

BTW, I'm thinking to bundle it with ML as text only, not as pre-rendered bitmaps. With the new fonts it should look a lot better, and should take much less space on the card.

This is so you will have no excuse if you don't read it :D

Doyle4

When the new stable is released, i can tweak the manual guide if you liked?, where images are i could also embed video into the pdf? not a problem if not needed.

Could be a choicely download? normal manual is with release as usual.

a1ex

You can start right now, nobody touched it since last year. At some point it was bundled with the nightly builds too, but now it seems removed again.

The preferred version for editing is this: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tip/doc/

but wiki is fine too, since the changes are not hard to follow and merge.

Doyle4

Ok cool, ill do this as a side project for my self.

ill basically copy and paste whats there so far from current manual and add whats new so far.. ill add a section for whats new (nightly) ie RAW dual iso etc etc but keep it a separate from stable, when ML is complete ill merge into stable. Sorry if that reads confusing.

do i have permission to use images from ML site? eg: say you posted a screen grab of a new function.

a1ex

If in doubt, ask the guy who posted it, but I guess it's usually OK.

When I wrote the release notes for ML 2.3 back then, I asked the authors of each photo/video on flickr/vimeo and got permission to use them.

Doyle4

Ok cool i'll do it that way round also, i wont add till had a reply of confirmation.

Ill also add the information from the modules folder from Magic Lantern / modules / for dual iso ill take from the dual iso.pdf.

Do you know who is the creator of the new webpage is please? would like to message him as ill use Indesign to make the pdf look similar to ML's web graphics.

Audionut

Doyle4, can you fork the repository please.

This way I can help, and see what you have already done so we're both not doing the same thing and wasting time.

Doyle4

Ok sure,

ill be starting this tomorrow.

Tomorrow ill be more than likely making the original guide more upto date n update the look ie new camera models that now support ML and nightly builds, and make the layout look more like the webpage design.
Once that is done ill be making a Nightly/new features section which covers all the new features so far, RAW video, dual iso aettr etc.

People could have a choice of two guides for now if thats ok with the devs, a stable guide for people who downloaded stable ML and another guide that covers stable and up date features so far using a nightly, or keep it as just the one guide still which includes nightly features later in the guide that way people can have a guide to the stable release and a guide to understanding what will be coming in next stable release. and from there keep updating as progress moves on.

fcpk

Having trouble with HDR Bracketing here. I Remember just having to turn it on and pressing shutter, but for some reason it only takes a single picture now. Even if I select a specific number of frames to take.

tron

Quote from: fcpk on September 21, 2013, 03:59:45 AM
Having trouble with HDR Bracketing here. I Remember just having to turn it on and pressing shutter, but for some reason it only takes a single picture now. Even if I select a specific number of frames to take.
Advanced Bracketing seems OK at my 5D2 with Sept21st Nightly Build...

fcpk

has anyone tried on a 5D3?

Is there any options that stop auto bracketing from working?