Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lister

Hello to everyone.

I have to report two issues with all nightly builds i have tried and 600d that are not happening with version v2.3.

First, camera wakes itself from standby power save mode without touching any buttons. That happens quite regularly, few seconds to few minutes after it turns off screen and sensor.

Second problem is bigger. Recording stops automatically after few seconds or few minutes. I have restart option turned on so it restarts automatically. This happens approximately once in every 20 recordings. It was happening always after few seconds, but with the last nightly build (May 30) it started to happen after one or two minutes also. It is a big problem and it could ruin some important shots... I have Sandisk class 10 cards. It never happens with 2.3. with the same card and all the same settings. I also never touch any bitrate controls and i was testing with freshly formatted cards. I really like all audio controls with nightly builds, but for important shootings i have to go to 2.3 : (.

Just to mention, I also use Rode Videomic pro. I fiddle a lot with analog gain and mic boost (not during recording).. It might be connected, who knows.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: lister on May 31, 2013, 02:55:13 PM
Hello to everyone.

I have to report two issues with all nightly builds i have tried and 600d that are not happening with version v2.3.

First, camera wakes itself from standby power save mode without touching any buttons. That happens quite regularly, few seconds to few minutes after it turns off screen and sensor.

Second problem is bigger. Recording stops automatically after few seconds or few minutes. I have restart option turned on so it restarts automatically. This happens approximately once in every 20 recordings. It was happening always after few seconds, but with the last nightly build (May 30) it started to happen after one or two minutes also. It is a big problem and it could ruin some important shots... I have Sandisk class 10 cards. It never happens with 2.3. with the same card and all the same settings. I also never touch any bitrate controls and i was testing with freshly formatted cards. I really like all audio controls with nightly builds, but for important shootings i have to go to 2.3 : (.

Just to mention, I also use Rode Videomic pro. I fiddle a lot with analog gain and mic boost (not during recording).. It might be connected, who knows.

I'm running a freshly compiled 5-30 build with movie restart on without any problems.  I recorded 30+ minutes yesterday on two cameras and restart feature worked fine. 

Have you tried a fresh install, clearing all canon settings and deleting your ML config file?

Not sure about your camera waking problem ... do you have auto shutdown turned off in canon menus?

lister

Quote from: dslrrookie on May 31, 2013, 03:48:31 PM

I'm running a freshly compiled 5-30 build with movie restart on without any problems.  I recorded 30+ minutes yesterday on two cameras and restart feature worked fine. 

Have you tried a fresh install, clearing all canon settings and deleting your ML config file?

Not sure about your camera waking problem ... do you have auto shutdown turned off in canon menus?

If I am the the only one with this problems, then great. for everyone else... not for me : )

But just to clarify, restart function works fine on my camera also, but once in a while (not always, and i cant see any pattern) recording stops automatically after just few seconds or minutes, and then restart function kicks in. What happens is the same thing that happens after you reach 12 minutes mark.

I reinstalled many times. But just one question, is there a way to fresh install nightly build without having to install v2.3 first? My workflow is to install v2.3 and then to copy and replace with files from nightly build.

Thnx.

deletedAcc.0021

yeah, you just need the .fir file from 2.3 stable and you can install from the nightly build.

Try turning off all features and enable them one at a time, starting with your "movie restart".  It might make it easier to determine whats going on.

fructose

Currently missing the "RAW Video" option from today's nightly build.

a1ex

Raw recording is really bleeding edge stuff, it's not yet in nightly builds. See the sticky topics.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: fructose on May 31, 2013, 07:44:45 PM
Currently missing the "RAW Video" option from today's nightly build.

Let me clarify things a little:

This special section of Nightly Builds was created for those cameras that have STABLE features and for which there are new features implemented that could try and test.  Unfortunately the RAW stuff is still very raw  :D and has not been ported to all these stable applications. 

Also this Nightly Builds does not support some of the new development for 5D3, 6D, 7D. 

To add to the confusion you must have read about the latest compiles for RAW, this is not same as the Nightly Builds but people confuse these two.  The latest compiles for RAW can be found in the development threads specific to each camera.

So if you want RAW then read try this:

RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide and FAQ -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0

Please note that this is found in the Tutorials and Creative Uses which has lots of info for RAW stuff.

And for you, most importantly read our Forum Rules and follow them to make sure that our boards are not filled with unstructured comments and questions that mislead other people as well as our developers.

Forum Rules: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=934.msg1141#msg1141

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

loydbateman

Forgive my ignorance but is raw video enabled in this nightly build for the mark II??  If not how may I get a hold of the appropriate update??  Thank you!

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: loydbateman on May 31, 2013, 11:43:55 PM
Forgive my ignorance but is raw video enabled in this nightly build for the mark II??  If not how may I get a hold of the appropriate update??  Thank you!

Read:

RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide and FAQ -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

budafilms

I understand about develop something like a New ML with Raw features depends a lot of details and it´s not easy like press rec button. But maybe have an idea about when a nigtly build  could be for use (ML plus RAW). Any idea? month, six month? thanks!

MGSDude

Quote from: lister on May 31, 2013, 02:55:13 PM
Hello to everyone.

I think I may be experiencing the same problem. When I record with sound the buffer increases in equivalents of 10% until the camera stops recording. However I am not messing with the bitrate function, it's still set to 'Default.' When I disable sound it works just fine of course. But I never had this problem with 2.3.

I've had ML v2.3 installed on my T3i for about a year now and I really love it. If I ever wanted to go back to 2.3, all I have to do is overwrite the autoexec.bin from 2.3 right? I have a shoot coming up and I'd rather be on the safe side and use v2.3 (Sorry, still little bit of a noob here.)

btw, I'm also enjoying the new video functions from the nightly build like vignetting, I use my T3i as webcam and it's cool to have all these features built into the camera so I can play around with the effects when webcamming. (:

Zhyo

Hi. I've installed the latest nightly build in my 1100D, but I can't get the manual exposure working. It shouldn't be working or it's a problem in my installation/camera?

Andrius

Hello, I installed recent nightly build and noticed that auto exposure ramping was removed from intervalometer menu. Previous version I had (march 24 build) had it. Camera is 550D. Was it replaced by something else or moved somewhere? I can't find it anymore. Thanks.

a1ex

Yes, use ETTR + post deflicker.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5705.msg41478#msg41478

I didn't have a chance to try it yet outside though, but on the 50 test frames I've tried for testing, there was zero flicker (even if the actual exposures were 4 stops apart).

soundsubs

Looks like the new nightly won't boot on mine.
The Jun3 build works fine.

Anyone else?
Canon 5D iii / 8-15mm, 16-35mm, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2, 135mm, 24-70mm ii, 70-200mm ii

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

drecart

I tried installing the June 13th Nightly build on my 600D but just got the little red light flashing so I installed the one from the 12th with no problems.

alexunderboots

5DM2, can't find AutoETTR in 06.14 build in exposure ((( please help

robschii

there are no new nightly builds since 13.6.2013  why?

Kirks518

I have a 50D, and want to try out the Dottune. Anyone know which nightly I should d/l for it? Looking for one that people have been using for a while. I'm not a true 'bleeding edge' kind of guy. :)

breaker

I don't know of any lately builds untill RAW waked up the 50D. It's still bleeding edge but i think it's been tested quite a lot lately; https://bitbucket.org/GregoryOfManhattan/magic-lantern/downloads

If you try the one with most downloads (09june13) - i suppose that's the most tested build lately. But it's mainly made and tested for RAW-Video.

EDIT: Now I see that 50D is a part of the Nightly build without RAW-Video. So you can ignore my incompetence :-X
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

nanomad

Nightly builds are suspended while we try to fix the build system 
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5