Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

In the VGA mode it's possible to fill the screen, but it would look choppy (like anamorphic preview). I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

I was also able to scale the image vertically via DIGIC. It won't improve the resolution (it will just double the pixels). This can be more promising. It's still only useful for 720 mode, and my monitor already does this scaling, so I didn't see any point to implement it.

Jordy Vandeput

I installed the latest build (14/02) and tested some things. Everything worked at first sight. And I have to give a thumbs up for the new menu style. I really like it.

Tomorrow I have a corporate shoot. And like alwyas I'm going to do it on a nightly :p

I'll keep you guys updated!

UPDATE: No bugs encountered :-) .. A whole day of shooting on the 14/2 build. Camera also shutted down perfectly each time. No crashes, no nothing. The junkie menu is really handy!

Good job development!!
DSLR evangelist and Tuts+ instructor

ax

In case of: On 550d the User Picture style is NOT working  Neither in preview nor in recording IN THE MOVIE MODE.

It works on the photo mode.

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: ax on February 24, 2013, 08:20:27 PM
In case of: On 550d the User Picture style is NOT working  Neither in preview nor in recording IN THE MOVIE MODE.

It works on the photo mode.

Did you change it while in movie mode?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

ax

Yep.

I ve tried to change but nothing appear on the screen and nothing on the receorded file.

The Picture style preset show ok in the movie mode but no the 3 USER style.
In the M photo mode (where all is running ok)

But i've just saw that when i turn my 550d on it say "Script dir missing" must be the source of problem..

a1ex

orim

BUG: DotTune AFMA does not work on 50D:

DotTune AFMA, any test range = just 3x blinks INFO page and then
"Press INFO and try again."  shows.

My setup:
Canon EOS 50D + 50mm/1,8 II ( or 17 55 /2,8 tamron ),
FW 1.09 + ML v2.3.NEXT.2013Feb25

a1ex

orim

I do not use Info screen.
Just attempt to use DotTune AFMA will turn it ON...

EDIT: I redial three choices in INFO button setup, went back to Normal,
and now AFMA works!!! Thanks for guiding me to right direction :-)

ax

Quote from: a1ex on February 25, 2013, 03:46:43 PM
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#why_picture_style_x_does_not_appear_in_movie_mode

Thanks Alex, It works now!

So no prob with the 2.3 next on movie style...

( btw : even it is on the canon menu fault the wiki could explain the way to re enter the picture style in movie mode cause it is somewhat hidden and tricky)

Best and long life to ML!

grudolph

How Do I enable junkie mode, i see it listed in info menu, but no change when selected.    5D2 3/1/2013 Build

Francis

jbuy41

Using a 550D and Transcend sdhc 10 16gb card.  This is what I got for a crash report.

ASSERT: pDialog != NULL
at Dialog\Dialog.c:691, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:0

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Mar02.550D109
Mercurial changeset   : fa4b9a00d0ca (unified) tip
Built on 2013-03-02 03:01:38 by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 261K + 2093K

grudolph

testing march 2nd build on 5dII, noticed that ghost image just show random interlaced lines when shooting 2nd photo.

a1ex

The place for reporting bugs is here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=23.0

Try to include the steps needed to reproduce the bug.

MvM

Hi everybody, i have a 5d mk2 and a 5dmk3 and a 7D. I love ML 8) and its working nice and good as the alphas on the 7D and the 5Dmk3. Now I would love to check the nightly builds on the Mk3 and 7D but I can not get it to boot from the autoexec.bin  :-[ :( . When I start the camera with  a bootable CF ( tried al different bootcodes from the EOS-Card utility) the camera stays dead. Only way of using ML is via fir into the Alpha... :o

I tried the bootflag.fir as well but there seems to be something either I am missing or are the nightly builds not build for the 5DMk3 and 7 D ?

I would like to have fps override and the automatic HDR-Shooting mode from the 5Dmk2 as well as playing more with the new pico...

And the Mk2 is nearly sold and already reboxed.... :o ;)

Thanks Matthias von Mutius, I am with ML since the early days with Trammel...

orim

Hi Alex,

I shoot some photos with ML autoISO ON
(eos 50d + 430exII)  and normally (without ML) I would had ISO400,
but with ML it is ISO100 - which is cool;)

request:
Is it however possible to set a new upper ISO limit?
Canon autoISO goes only to 1600, so I would like to have a chance to raise it to ML maximum ISO
(2000, 2500, 3200... )

bug possibly:
Back to my shooting - I took 8 photos in a row,
7 is 50mm, 1/250s, f/5,6, flash on, EV+1/3, ISO100
but 1 is unexpectedly 50mm, 1/250s, flash on, f/5,6, EV+1/3, ISO1600 ?

Rush

What happened with nightly builds? I see it didn't updated since 03-19.
Greetings from Russia!

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

a1ex

Can it print the error in some log file if it fails? I did a fresh clone and compiles fine here...

nanomad

I'll look at the script but it compiled fine right now...dunno what went wrong
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Arturasz

Is it possibly to use nightly builds for 5D3? I use latest one on 5D2 and like AMFA tune a lot, but it was better to adjust lenses on my new 5D3 ...

a1ex

Not yet, but there's an unofficial build in the 5D3 thread, you can try that.

Arturasz

can you give me a link to that thread?

or is it this thread: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3234.0 plus I need to change autoexec from nightly build? I asking, because in nighlty builds there is no mentioned 5D3 ;]