Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartGR

Hello,

I'm a german newbie. I have stille installed magic Lantern on my 50D. I discovered in youtube that MagicLantern supports DotTune automatically. But I can't find thes item in my magic lantern menu. Isn't it available for the 50D? I have installed the canon firmware 1.09 an ml-nightly .2. That is shown in the display of my camera. Isn't it the right version. If so, wha t version I have to install?

Thanky you so much for your help.

Kind regards

SmartGR
regards from Germany

Smart GR

SmartGR

Hallo Walter,

der Tip mit den Modulen ist super, vielen Dank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
regards from Germany

Smart GR

itsDPmikey

Hey I've got the mark III. I Recently ordered the ATOMOS Shogun Inferno for my future RED Scarlet-W. for now I wanted to know if anyone knows if magic lantern works with atomos monitors. I don't necessarily want to record on to the Inferno just use it as a monitor but still get RAW plus I don't think it's even possible to record raw through hdmi.
I love this &^*$ MAN!

twentephotography

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: twentephotography on December 19, 2016, 04:52:21 PM
There is already ML for 1300d???
There is a 1200D in progress for some years,  but not for 1300D.

a1ex

Updated the nightly page with some new sections:

- Modules: some additional modules that can be installed on top of the main builds.
- Utilities: mostly post-processing tools.
- Experiments: works in progress, such as 10/12-bit raw recording, crop_rec and so on.

They are not yet complete, but at least it's a start.

garry23

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the Astro module here  ;)

Once again thanks to everyone who has made this possible.

[email protected]

The ML for 1200D is available or not? I just searching ML for months, But do download links are available. But som Youtube Users are available to install ML for 1200D for their own.... Plzzz Help...
Thanks in advanced.

Audionut

At the top right corner of every page on this forum is "Downloads".  Which leads to here:  https://builds.magiclantern.fm/
Scroll down to "Ports In Progress".

Discussion thread is here.

Martymax

I'm a photographer, and I have Сanon 5D mark3. I have a question. Can I make a video in 4096x2160  25fps. But I will be delighted if there is an opportunity to shoot a video only 10-20 seconds,
not more.

ibrahim

I've been using Nightly.2017Mar30 on my 5D3 113.

In almost 90% of cases my audio is not synched with my footage. Besides that the begining of the audio is found either at the end or in the middle, vice versa.
It makes it almost impossible for me to synch my audio to the audio of my field recorder in post.

Any ideas what I should do?

Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

Danne

Quotebegining of the audio is found either at the end or in the middle, vice versa.
That doesn't sound right. Any example files? Have you tried different ML builds? Same result?

ibrahim

I noticed that is is some kind of a bug only heard from MLrawviewer 1.4.3.

When I export MLV files via MLVproducer I don't get any problem with the audio.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

R

Hi,

In the latest build (2017-06-03 22:09) I've seen that change 4126b56 affects modules/dual_iso/cr2hdr.c and the comment says "temporary patch for module_get_string API".

I really don't understand what that temporary patch does. Can someone here explain if it's an important update?

Danne

It's related to compiling issues that now are fixed.

pipkato

I'd appreciate some advice and info on the latest Magic Lantern installs for my Canon 600D.  I haven't used my Canon for video for quite a while and I did have an early ML version 2.3 installed which worked fine - thanks again to the ML team!  Checking again I'm now seeing references to a 'Nightly Build' for the 600D which I understand has Audio Meters and even an option for headphone output.  The most recent one seems to be dated August 7, 2017.

I'd love to have at least the live Audio Meters but I'm not a risk-taker with audio and don't know exactly what the status of these Nightly Builds is.  If they work fine and are stable why have they not been incorporated into the current version of Magic Lantern, which still seems to be v2.3? 

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the most recent and most stable Nightly Build for the 600D which includes Audio Metering?  Maybe the most recent one if fine?  I know that there's an installation guide at the top of this thread, but wondered if there there are any unlisted special precautions that need to be taken when installing compared to the normal ML v2.3?

Thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Dev team switched to a release model closely related to "Rolling release" (look it up in wikipedia) some time ago. You won't see anything like 2.3 in near future or - more likely - ever. 2.3 is considered to be outdated, unsupported, dead in the water and - if I understood correctly - devs regret its release altogether.

For those asking which release to pick answer normally is: The newest one because it contains fixes for bugs comming with older releases.
Of course this is not true everytime because bugs may be introduced by added features/code changes (which will be fixed soon, if reported ... most of the time). There is no guarantee ML will *not* brick your cam. It hasn't broken my 650D and 7D in years and I run untested "branches" as a reviewer, too.

Feature matrix: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html

pipkato

Hello Walter.

Thanks very much for that informative and reassuring reply.  I've gone ahead and installed the latest 'Nightly Build' without any obvious issues and will try and get to grips with the audio later on today.

Regards.

comurit

off topic , no ML software related but an ML hardware, maybe a stupid question but what do you think of focal length reducer to be adapt on a 5D3 (sort of a speed booster) when using the 4k crop mode on the 5D3, especially when using the 3.5k 1:1 centered x5 mode which off course depends on the resolution and aspect ratio that your are using, say for example with a 1.64 crop, an adapter that will reduces focal length to 0.72x , to adjust the image size to closer 1.18x crop factor. I don't even know if that is possible to do but was just curious to hear your opinions. thanks and sorry if this is off topic.

Lars Steenhoff

There may be an adapter for medium format lenses, for normal 35 mm lenses there is no such adapter because of the flange distance on the canon.

comurit

yeah thanks, I know there is not such an adapter for sale, but I am curious to know if someone would build one from scratch like they did for the Samsung NX1 http://www.eoshd.com/2017/06/samsung-nx1-now-full-frame-first-look-canon-mount-nx-l-speed-booster-italy/   or it's totally impossible to overcome the flange distance problem?

nikfreak

Maybe it could be possible to not damage the camera with some caveats. You would have to lock the mirror if your magically adapter needs to be fitted between body and lens. You then wouldn't be able to focus to infinity at all besides having to focus manually anyways etc.

Rather read and consider this about fisheye / ultrawide lenses
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

comurit

yeah that make more sense, forgot about the mirror drawback, thanks!