Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

You can reproduce it by simply loading the module and restarting?

Walter Schulz

Yes.
1. Setting ML defaults
2. Restart cam
3. Enable Selftest.mo
4. Restart
-> Module tab missing in 7D

650D: No problem.

a1ex

Found it (copy-paste error from bench.mo, which had one extra level of submenus).

The 7D selftest menu should have an extra item: RPC reliability test (this is for testing the communication between the two processors). Can you try it?

Walter Schulz

Thanks! Will try to compile it after some tea ...

Walter Schulz

Menu problem fixed!

RPC test seems to do nothing at all.
Tried some other tests without problems (yet).

Ottoga

@A1ex

April 19 nightly displays the flowing error message:

Linking..
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'get_out_of_play_mode'
    [E] failed to link modules

Note that error only appears if the adv_int module has been selected to load. If this module is excluded then all other modules load successfully.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

a1ex

Got it, I should include it in the nightly builds, so it no longer falls behind.

For the testers, there are 3 pull requests awaiting your attention:

RAW recording fixes, part 2, including a small speedup: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/710/raw_fixes-part-2/diff (test build available here)

MLV Lite with the same fixes: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/685/proposal-completely-replace-the-old-raw/diff (test build available here)

Lua scripting fixes, which also touches some core features such as focus backend and exposure setters: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14828.msg164972#msg164972

a1ex

Update summary for the latest nightly:

- lua_fix (was merged in previous nightly, but had a small problem with focus backend on some lenses)
- lua_fix also comes with some bugfixes in ML core, the most important ones being:
  - focus backend (fixed crash when Step Delay was turned off)
  - exposure setters (max roundoff error 1.5/8 EV, or 1/8 EV for integer raw requests)
- raw recording fixes part2 (see also this benchmark, there might be a small speedup, not fully confirmed)
- advanced intervalometer (dmilligan)
- small UI fixes in movie mode (Licaon_Kter)
- 600D builds are back (thanks irvcobb for testing)

dfort

Just wanted to add another pull request for testers:

Fix image centering on mv640crop mode https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/693/fix-mv640crop-mode/diff (test build for 60D available here)

This test build has been updated to the latest nightly.

Lars Steenhoff

Any one who can make a new 5d3 1.2.3 build?

I will be happy to test it out

beauchampy

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on April 23, 2016, 11:33:42 AM
Any one who can make a new 5d3 1.2.3 build?

I will be happy to test it out

Me too, I'm dying for a 123 with the raw recording fixes..

squig

Pretty please with magic mushies on top  :D

GutterPump

Walter Schulz

Maybe because they want to use the features included in 1.2.3?
A1ex made it clear ML for 1.1.3 and 1.2.3 (1.3.3) serve specific needs and will - at time of writing - coexist.

beauchampy

Quote from: GutterPump on May 04, 2016, 02:23:13 PM
Why you don't downgrade to 1.1.3 ?

The achilles heel of 1.1.3 is the lack of clean HDMI output. Most of the time, it's fine and it works just great. However when you have a series of interviews lined up and you don't want to risk it all on a single Komputerbay CF card and the intricacies of RAW recording, you just gotta have that Atomos backup.

squig

Plus why would anyone drop 1k on a smallHD 501 and want to monitor a lo-fi image?

markodarko

Quote from: squig on May 05, 2016, 02:03:05 AM
Plus why would anyone drop 1k on a smallHD 501 and want to monitor a lo-fi image?

If you're referring to the HMDI out when running v1.1.3 my understanding is that it's still full HD, but not clean - I.e., what you see on your screen will be on the HDMI monitor too including all overlays from ML etc.

I use an external HD monitor on my 5D III / v1.1.3 with no problems.

I think it's possible to set ML to have zero overlays when recording and hence essentially get a pseudo clean HDMI out (although I've not tried it) with v1.1.3 but of course at the expense of having no overlays. It was certainly possible to do this with the 5D II according to this video.

May be worth looking into if you don't want to go down the v1.2.3 route.

Cheers,

Mark.

budafilms

ML 5D3 1.1.3 from May 5, it's the faster ML that I have: camera startup, menu, etc.

I don't know why.

;)

Ottoga

Nightly build magiclantern-Nightly.2016May07.7D203.zip is missing the following ML subdirectories:

• logs
  • settings

No problem for me, I added them manually. Just letting the devs know.

Other camera model users should check that these directories exist before updating to this build.

EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

a1ex

Did you *have* to add them manually? As in, it didn't work without doing that?!

Ottoga

@A1ex

I didn't know whether they would be created automatically in camera or not or, if the camera would get upset if they weren't there at boot time. As such, I took the cautious approach to manually create the directories avoid any risk.

a1ex

They are created automatically, and these two directories are mentioned in the change log. So I don't see the reason for scaring other users away from this build...

Ottoga

a1ex

Some more pull requests where you can help by either reviewing the approach, the code, by finding stubs for your camera, or even by digging a little into the code:

- pre-recording feature for raw_rec (I thought this one will generate a little more interest; maybe I'm wrong, or people simply weren't aware of it?)

- RscMgr memory (done for 60D, todo: 7D, maybe also 50D and 700D)

- menu: proper handling of RAW/H.264/JPG-specific features (I need some guidance about which approach to choose)

- fix H.264 recording indicators for files larger 2GB (not tested at all)

- vsnprintf from dietlibc (easy coding task: fix the warnings)

- complete list at https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/ (you can find more easy coding tasks if you browse around)

Thanks.

Lars Steenhoff

pre recording defenitly has my interest  :)

But i dont know how to compile the code and test it, so im waiting for the builds to test them out.