Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

You tried EOS Utility, too?
What happens if you run EOS Utility to install Canon's firmware 1.1.3 (yes: one point one point three) again?

darkvirus666

Any original firm I try in any way same answer from camera.

darkvirus666

I dont think that it is important but I do with a macbook (eos utility) the rest with a pc.

Walter Schulz

Reset cam to factory defaults (including C.Fn) and retry. If this won't work we missed something obvious or your cam has to be transfered to http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=45.0

darkvirus666

I did and still the same result.
Thank you very much. Ill transfer to the other side.

wyrlyn

I maybe missed it but does the newest nightly builds include full-res silent pic module and SMR memory? thanks

walter_schulz

CF

I don't get WHICH Nightly to download. ON 5DMKIII under the 113 firmware it states that I cannot use the install package for first installation. And asks me to download and install the 123 firmware...
So which is it.... There are two 5DMKIII download options... 113 and 123. 113 states that I should download 123. But 123 has not been updated since 2014-08-07 00:01:30 +0200 -- whereas 113 is the most reason one from this February...

I would really like some input here... And perhaps someone could go about changing the highly misleading information on the nightly downloads section...

Thanks

Walter Schulz

WTF is misleading there?
Please just follow those instructions.

CF

If WTF is your word of choice... WHY on earth do you even bother to answer...

What is misleading there...

Well for ONE... The nightly builds which are CURRENT and NOT Old are ALL for Firmware 113. Under 113 it states that one cannot install with Firmware 113 but has to download firmware 123... For Christ Sake... Put the Updates of the nightly where it belongs then, in the first place....

All this confusion. And super poor documentation. Charge money for this software and get someone with half a brain to write the manual and clear up the misinformation on the site...

I myself would gladly pay $100 for the software is such were the case !!!

And if a rough mouth is ALL your brain can deliver - then DONT bother answering.

Audionut

This is an free time project.  Money is not needed, only contributions from the community.

Since you seem to find the current documentation somewhat lacking, we would all gladly appreciate your contribution to this project by updating the documentation as necessary.
Work has already begun here.

To help you along, I'll remove your posting privileges for 2 weeks, so that you have the extra time needed for working on the documentation.

Cheers.

Sward

Hi

I'm new to Magic Lantern. I installed the nightly build but I did not install the stable release before. Is that bad? I feel like half the features don't work.

- How can I uninstall the nightly build?
- Where can I find a link to install the latest stable release of Magic Lantern for a Canon 6D.

Thanks for the help!

And is there a user guide somewhere for Magic Lantern? I've heard there are all these cool features.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide
There is no stable build for 6D therefore you will not be able to do it wrong by following installation procedure described in the nightly download page.
This is where you find the uninstallation procedure, too.

jtvision

Quote from: CF on March 01, 2015, 04:27:21 PM
I don't get WHICH Nightly to download. ON 5DMKIII under the 113 firmware it states that I cannot use the install package for first installation. And asks me to download and install the 123 firmware...
So which is it.... There are two 5DMKIII download options... 113 and 123. 113 states that I should download 123. But 123 has not been updated since 2014-08-07 00:01:30 +0200 -- whereas 113 is the most reason one from this February...

I would really like some input here... And perhaps someone could go about changing the highly misleading information on the nightly downloads section...

Thanks

1.1.3 ML is to be installed on 1.1.3 Canon firmware only (and not on 1.2.3 Canon firmware)
Just follow this link for first install:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2602.0

and then copy paste from nightly!

Yes, I can see what what was the reason of confusion. I just want to highlight this to ML web admins attention: Nightly build for 1.1.3 really says "to install ML, please upgrade to (Canon) Firmware 1.2.3." ?

Walter Schulz

Yes, because in ML 1.1.3 nightly you can't set cam's bootflag.

jtvision

Yes, but thats not the point. Point is you cannot instal ML 1.1.3 on canon firmware 1.2.3.

Walter Schulz

jtvision

Walter Schulz

? Please do your reading once again. It obviously doesn't say that. Point me to that part of the instruction where it is stated that ML for version 1.1.3 runs on 1.2.3. You won't find it.

Walter Schulz

We're running in circles. It doesn't say ML for 1.1.3 will run on 1.2.3.

And for first time ML installation you have to upgrade to 1.2.3. Where is the problem?

jtvision

Yes, we are. It confused CF (user). It was confusing to me. Thought to highlight this to eliminate confusion. Good day!!! No more running in circles!

hell_warrior

I've installed newest ML on my 60d,
Shot couple of clips with 160ISO on MLV,
Here is result, however I can't get rid of those green-black pixels,
any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjl8hYFdhkw

dmilligan

This is a spare time, hobby project. Nothing is ever promised, and ETAs are impossible to give.

gaulpordon

Hi there,
Using 60D 1.1.1, Nightly.2015Mar26

I'm trying to fix an issue where I can't adjust settings while I'm recording. Was recording a show last night and needed to just swap cards out and hit record. Some of my cards didn't have the global draw options I liked so I tried adjusting on the fly but I could only see the menus but not change them. Is there a lock setting somewhere I need to disable? The version 2.3 seemed happy letting me change stuff. I'm sure I've just missed something in a config, but I would rather go back to the older version if it fixes the issue. Thanks in advance for any help.