Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photo4ever

There is no installation screen that asks me to reboot the cam before 30 seconds have passed, but starts to upgrade and after 3 seconds the screen gets black and the red light flashes...

What i've done: I formatted the card, first on my pc and then in the camera, then i put the card in my pc and i copy 550D-109.fir on my card. Then put the card in the camera, i try to upgrade the firmware and the first screen is "firmware upgrade program..loading...and after 2 seconds..black screen and red light flashes....

Walter Schulz

photo4ever

Ah that's why. Could you give me the link to copy nightly contents?

Walter Schulz

Top of page? Downloads?
But you wrote you already have them?

photo4ever

photo4ever

Ok, i copied nightly contents in the card, then  i copied 550D-109.fir. But after 2 seconds of upgrade i get a black screen and red light flashes, just like before without putting nightly contents. ( I formatted again the sd card, so starting from scratch).

Maybe (i don't know, i'm not an expert) it's because the camera has already 1.09 firmware...

Ps You're very gentle! :)

dmilligan

You typically get the blinking red light when ML sees that the Canon firmware doesn't match what it expects (it does a checksum of the Canon firmware before starting and refuses to start if it doesn't match what it expects). Try re-updating your Canon firmware again (I know you say it's already 1.09, but some bit(s) could have got corrupted or something, and re-flashing the Canon firmware should fix that).

photo4ever

Ok, could you tell me where download the right firmware? Because with the firmware that i downloaded from here, http://bitbucket.org/magiclantern/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-v2.3.550D.60D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.zip
It doesn't work...

Walter Schulz

photo4ever

Ok the problem now is that: i copy the firmware on my card (done) but the camera says "memory card containing firmware is required to update" But i put the firmware on the card... mm what's wrong now?

Walter Schulz

The file you downloaded is e8kr7109.exe.
You have to extract e8kr7109.fir. Just unpack it and copy it onto the card. This fir must be the only fir located on the card.

photo4ever

Oook! Done it"
Here we are.. done everything as described above there should be an installation screen which will ask you to reboot the cam before 30 seconds have passed.
The screen says..please copy all ml files on your sd card
you may now turn off your camera..to disable the bootdisk flag, change the shooting mode from the mode dial (P/Tv/Av/M)

What now? :)

Walter Schulz

"Done everything" isn't helpful either.

You skipped quite a few steps.

1.) Did you run firmware update with Canon's e8kr7109.fir first?
2.) If so: Delete FIR from card and copy 550D-109.fir and nightly build Autoexec.bin and ML directory to card. Run firmware update again and restart cam.

photo4ever

Yes, i've already done both of two steps you just wrote. what now?

I have to copy all ml files..right?

Walter Schulz

photo4ever

Ok but there already are on the sd card, as you told me. I have to delete what is in the card now and copy new files?

Walter Schulz

What is on the card's root directory right now?

photo4ever

There was this file 550D-109.fir and didn't work..but now works!!!

Finally it works!!!! Thank you very very very very very very (and very) much!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

You're such a very gentle person!

Walter Schulz

I'm not and 550D-109.fir won't do any harm if there or not.

photo4ever

Ah really? Ok..but now it works properly!
Anyway even if you're not gentle, i want to tell you Thanks sooo much!
Have a nice day! :)

brucem3

budafilms

Yes, always. But they appears after you read all the topics ;)

DeafEyeJedi

Think of it as a dictionary scrolling through in the index section in the back of a book -- however with Internet nowadays it's actually quicker to google literally everything let alone the search box within this particular forum as well...

No one was around to ask to when a1ex or g3gg0 are looking for resources trying to create this remarkably amazing Magic which is incredible, I would say.

Thanks to you all for keeping this Lantern well lit even during the off-season...  ;D

P.s. Regarding nightlies...It's rather close to being perfect on 1.2.3 and I only go back to 1.1.3 for high speed RAW/MLV needs other than that I've been happy!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

tyfreak

To photo4ever
Dude, two pages of suffering, and all of because inattention (read FAQ). All you had to do is:
1) Reflash your camera with official canon firmware 109 (and yes, if you already had 109 firmware, you still had to do it)
2) Flash your camera with stable 2.3 build of magic lantern
3) Replace all ML files with nighly build
In my case (Canon 600D) reflashing with official firmware was key part of whole process, it was not working without this step.

ShkipeRR

Hello!
What is currently the latest version of the nightly build for the model Canon 650D?