Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

I can confirm that since the MLV sound module was introduced for the 6d, a lot of audio options are gone in ML menu.
But MLV sounds works with the canon audio, so audio options can be controlled in canon audio menu.
Audio levels, wind filter etc, all can be controlled in Canon audio menu.

paisleybrew

Is anyone having trouble with ISOs above 1600 with the latest 6D build? Anything above 1600 gives me hot pixels. Levas helped me earlier. The sensor clean helped with lower ISOs but as soon as I go over 1600 it get these:

Anyone have similar problems?

RTLdan

Hi Paisley,
I have an August build and was looking at updating to latest build.
Where are you finding the noise at high ISO's? Photo mode? Standard video mode? RAW video mode?
Thanks,
-Daniel

paisleybrew

I've only noticed it in RAW video mode at the moment.

Levas

@paisleybrew

That are a lot of hot/dead pixels, iso 1600 is mostly clean on my 6d.

You can give the body cap/ manual lens cleaning thing another try.
But now do it with a warmed up sensor...
Put the body cap on, go into liveview/videomode and put the iso up high, iso 6400 for example.
Let it stay in live view on iso 6400 for a while, half a minute or so ?
And the do the manual lens cleaning thing.
This way your sensor is warmed up and has more hot pixels to be remapped by camera.
Hope this helps  :)

paisleybrew

@Levas

I just tried what you recommended and it hasn't changed the problem. Thanks for the help though! For now I'll stay below ISO1600.

Has anyone else had this problem?

seriouska

Does someone tried the lastest build on a 1200D, or can recommand me ?
i heard that can work like on a 1100D, but ....not sure=)

dmilligan

No one has ported ML to 1200D. It will not work.

swinxx

hello,

sorry to ask that but:
can we expect a updated canon 5d mk3 1.2.3 nightly build with fullres silent picture in the near future?

thx sw

a1ex

Yes, I've been testing it on some night timelapses and it's quite useful. There are some small quirks I'd like to solve, like LiveView turning off after 30 minutes, or mlv_play not liking the large pictures.

swinxx

komprez

I would like to run the option that allows you to modify the exposure in LV (ISO is able to mod. and take effects to LCD in LV) so as to view the image in the LCD (eg. 1sec exp and every second refresh on the LCD) without taking a photo?  it is possible for the current version of ML Nightly?

Spottyq

@komprez, that is already implemented (and has nothing to do with silent picture). Check out FPS override (set to 1fps and low-light) and eventually LV display gain.

ashwinkadamboor

HI ML, I am From India doing My first Full length Feature Film in Canon 5D mark III Using MAGIC LANTERN RAW. We Are the First to do So in India. We started the production by June 2014. ;D ;D
Expecting a great out put from it.....
AK

robschii

no changelog since 2014-09-11 what does it mean?

lintoni

Quote from: robschii on September 22, 2014, 09:32:31 PM
That the last build available was on that day, there have been no changes to Magic Lantern, for your camera, since then. Patience...

RTLdan

Quote from: robschii on September 22, 2014, 09:32:31 PM

Quote from: lintoni on September 22, 2014, 09:50:13 PM
That the last build available was on that day, there have been no changes to Magic Lantern, for your camera, since then. Patience...

I'm afraid it's much more serious than that. Look at the date. 9/11. The reason there is no more recent build is because of terrorism! Makes you wonder if the real reason Alex has been less active is because he was captured by ISIS...

RTLdan

;D
(Sorry for the last post...can you tell I'm on the internet while under the influence of boredom?)
-Daniel

lintoni

Quote from: jovansoft on September 23, 2014, 10:16:20 AM
I have 5d II,and i am testing Magic Lantern for days.It is really awesome thing.I am playing with raw video,and also trying to see if larger bitrate set on ML can impreove video.Right now i can set it max to 1.6x,anything above stops my video.In help it says to torn off sound recording to get bigger bitrate.I record it with zoomH4 anyways so i don't need sound from camera.My question is how to turn it off?If it is important i use Lexar 1000x 64Gb card

Thanks
The folks who can help with this are probably looking at the Raw Video part of the forum. ;)

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=49.0

swinxx

hello ml team!

as i am waiting hard for a full res silent pic nightly for my canon 5dmk3 123, i check the nightly section every day.
i just wanna inform you that this nightly builds site is no more available?

thx sw

walter_schulz

vertigopix

??? I've got no problems for accessing Nightly Builds.... (from Switzerland)

a1ex

adityavarma007

Its working on 60d I did test Audio and stuff. Except for the continuous video, Which works on few very widescreen modes on 1280. It works fine with various Sizes. Raw means Fabulous News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACX8zdY3t90&list=UUycltlhtSLfcaNKTNIkoj2Q