Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nachordez

Copy all files from 2.3 stable on sdcard. Then overwrite JUST the files in the nightly (so, don't delete other files no present in nightly, but being on 2.3).

For me at least, that works
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

ebetecos

It worked. Thank You for help.
So as I undesrstand I should extract nightly build over stable release? I assumed that nightly build has everything it needs.

Walter Schulz

The advice nachordez gave works but is just addressing symptoms and will not cure the cause.
NBs contain everything needed for ML to run. Help files are missing, however.

ebetecos

I've downloaded the newest one, and there is only autoexec.bin and ML folder. To perform the instalation firmware file is needed, which is not there. If I take the one from stable version, then there is error with fonts.dat. So from this symptoms I assume that there is missing something there, althought I'm not an expert here:)

Doyle4

is there a new nightly? last i checked was 20th Aug with over 2000 downloads for 5dmii, today its showing 20th Aug with only 60 downloads? Cheers.

Audionut

The download counter counts the downloads for the last month.  Looks like it's some hardcoded value for the date, or a bug in the counter.

Doyle4

nachordez

Right, ebetecos. NB should contain everything needed, but lack some minor things... They become just the things you have to change over 2.3 to get the last NB...
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

Doyle4

@ebetecos

the camera firmware file is sometimes in ML folder iv noticed on couple of occasions.
Aslong as you download the nightly for your camera you are good to go, try installing stable first then install a nightly for the other features.

Doyle4

Sorry if this question is wrong in advance.

Using my 5Dmkii today and used Silent.mo as the shutter was aloud during the vows, i disabled the AF-ON button in the Canon Menu, with silent.mo not loaded AF-ON button didnt focus, great stuff, but with silent.mo loaded the AF-ON button started to focus again even disabled in Canon menu still, is this normal or a bug? just im sure iv read on here some where it does mention to disable AF-ON button with silent.mo, again i could be wrong sorry.

Build: 5Dmkii Aug 20th - Nightly.

Cheers.

a1ex

I don't see any code paths that could change the AF settings in the silent pic module.

You should say clearly what settings you changed and what behavior did you expect (with non-native English speakers in mind).

Doyle4

Sorry about that, ill start again.

Is it possible to disable the AF-ON button on the 5D Mkii to not take an image when using Silent pic module, only focus?, Id like to use the AF-ON button to focus in LV mode when using the Silent pic module and use the shutter button once focused? (Would stop constant capturing whilst focusing)
20th Aug Nightly Build - 5Dmkii - Silent module (Simple)

Canon menu: Operations/Others - (4)Metering + AF start/Disable

Doyle4

dude

Hi guys, i am using the august 7th built for 123 ond mkiii.
The histogram does not show up, do you have the same problem?
Thanks

a1ex

a1ex

dude

Forget about it, histobar was turned on but did not realized it because i never heared about it.
sorry now i got it, damn.

erox76

I am very curious about the audio features on 6D 113. Why is there so little audio support/features on the 6D? All that shows on mine is MLV sound in the ML menu under audio! Is that right?
Edit: Nobody have a clue? just that my 60D has all kinds of audio features but the 6D seems sooo limited for being as powerful as it is!!

Doyle4

All audio features are in the ML Menu under Audio (first one)

I dont own a 6D, it could be the devs are still working on tweaks for your camera (and also concentrating on most popular cameras) as its slightly new, most canon cameras are the same but some things need tweaking for a specific camera.

Doyle4

also if you look here:

You will see the 6D audio features are in beta stage,

Walter Schulz

I'm not sure about the "freshness" of the link you provided. It would be fine if would be a time/version reference. But there is none.

a1ex

Hm, that page is complete nonsense and should be deleted.

This one is up to date: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

Doyle4