Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanchYESS

Ok, don't hit me ::) All works :) The service guy just turned it on and it came alive :D I think he is a wizard or shaman :o

Canon eos m

Quote from: a1ex on August 08, 2014, 11:14:41 AM

P.S. wanna check some download statistics?

Rocking! I have been away for 50 days due to a major surgery. Will play catch up these coming weeks. Happy to be back 8)!
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

ko-jo

i gave it a shot and these are the issues i recognized(canon 7d)
1-occassional is not possible to stop recording..hit the stop button and it has no effect or stopd for a second and goes back to recording
2-screen turns black and white when i 5x zoom(only in the raw mode)
3-missing the audio features

Levas

The newest nightly builds for 6d are more then a week old, how come ?
Or isn't there a new build made if nothing has changed in the sourcecode ?

Stedda

Quote from: Levas on August 17, 2014, 12:05:31 PM
Or isn't there a new build made if nothing has changed in the sourcecode ?

Bingo... no build if no changes.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

ayshih

Quote from: ko-jo on August 17, 2014, 08:32:50 AM
i gave it a shot and these are the issues i recognized(canon 7d)
1-occassional is not possible to stop recording..hit the stop button and it has no effect or stopd for a second and goes back to recording
Known issue and being looked into.

2-screen turns black and white when i 5x zoom(only in the raw mode)
If you're talking about during actual recording, that's not a bug.  What you are seeing is ML's preview rather than Canon's preview, because Canon's preview shows only part of what is being recorded when in crop mode.  (There is some ongoing investigation into improving the crop preview, but it needs much more testing.)  You can change which preview is used in the options; "Auto" means that the Canon preview is used when not in crop and the ML preview is used when in crop.

3-missing the audio features
Under discussion
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

Ottoga

Hi,
The most recent nightly build appears to be Aug 8. Is something broken?

Cheers... Otto
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

nachordez

Quote from: Ottoga on August 20, 2014, 12:16:38 AM
Hi,
The most recent nightly build appears to be Aug 8. Is something broken?

Cheers... Otto
Just summer... :-)
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

wyrlyn

any info when the full-res silent pic build will be available for us?

Walter Schulz

Take a look into the last answer in
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ

vovkinson

can anybody else take over Alex while he is on vacation?

swinxx

He is not on vacation as far as i know. He locked the 5d mk3 123 branch for 1 month.

Perhaps he is woking on continuous 8k raw at the moment ;)

I would help, but my cam is working and i have no idea, sorry. Perhaps reset all canon settings in the canon menu.

Greets sw

swinxx

Strange, i wanted to reply another thread with tapatalk but it jumped here and posted my reply in the wrong thread.. Strange.

Sw

a1ex

8K?! You would need a 42 megapixel sensor for that ;)

I'm actually thinking to move away from the video side of ML, and let those actually interested in video do the hard work instead. I'd rather focus on the still photo stuff, which is what I actually use.

I might change my mind if the ML community would do these things:

- encourage newcomers to post in the right forum (I've locked the 1.2.3 thread because it was flooded with offtopic questions about RAW/MLV)
- contribute to the user guide and help updating the site (everything besides forum is static HTML/JS, so just edit it locally and propose your changes here)
- help solving this issue instead of just hoping it will be forgotten (it's not funny to do the hard work for free, and then to have third parties getting rich just by selling a fancy GUI, without contributing anything back)

Thanks for your support!

ebetecos

Hi,
I've just tried to install my first nightly build but I have error : no fonts.dat found.
It is build from 08.08.2014, i have extracted file directly to SD from winrar. What is the possible problem here? Thank You for any help.

Walter Schulz

Delete Autoexec.bin and ML directory. Copy extracted files to card and start over.
I suppose you haven't overwritten AUTOEXEC.BIN which will cause this error.
You're sure this was a blank?
If it doesn't help: Format card using a cardreader, insert card into cam and format again. This will give you a clean start.

ebetecos

OK, maybe I do something wrong.
If I install nightly build , should I have previously update firmware with magic lantern 2.3 and then boot it with card with nightly build prepared with EOScard?
Or should i add firmware file from 2.3 to niglty build and upgrade firmware from canon?
The card is at every step formatted before any new software .

Walter Schulz

Format card inside cardreader. Format card inside cam. Copy extracted nightly contents to card (AUTOEXEC.BIN + FIR + ML directory). Now run Firmware upgrade. Follow instructions. Done.

ebetecos

I would like to do that, but i nightly build there is only autoexec and ML folder, so I cannot run firmware update. Previously there was in 2.3v.

Walter Schulz

nachordez

Take the firmware update file from the stable 2.3 release. At least for 600D is what you need!
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

ebetecos

600D
@nachordez 
That's what i was doing, but then i have this error: fonts.dat not found and installation stops. I have formatted it in cardeader and in camera.

Walter Schulz

Mixup of different ML versions and builds. Autoexec.bin "stable" will look for FONTS.DAT. ML directory "Nightly Build" has no such file.
Please clean up that mess! I would suggest to use Autoexec.bin "nightly build", delete ML directory and copy ML directory "nightly build".

ebetecos

But that is what i'm doing. I'm using autoexec.bin from "nightly build" and ML folder from "nightly build". The only thing i use from 2.3 is firmware to proceed with firmware update.

Walter Schulz