Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobiascorts

hello all,
I am a long time user of magic lantern. was shooting a lot over the last year with the 1.1.3 version of raw.
now I updated to 1.2.3 and everything looked fine so far.
today I rigged the markIII with my tv-logic58 monitor via hdmi for the first time. all tests before were done without the use of the hdmi-out.
it is now not possible to record longer clips than 1min in mlv 1920:1080 25p mode. icon always stays red or yellow. the build is from 16th of july.
as soon as I disconnect the hdmi everything goes green and fine! what does the performance have to do with the hdmi out?
did I set up something wrong somewhere? checked everything, can`t think of anything?!?
thank you so much for every help! i have an upcoming job tomorrow and if I don`t find a solution I have to shoot in h264;-(
tobi

next step was a total reset of the camera including magic lantern build 07.16.2014. supposedly stable.
same problem, no clips longer than 1min, though camera icon turns green now, before it stops due to frame skipping.
am clueless!!
only thing I can think of right now is that my new monitor, the TVLogic 58 needs more process power than my old one the TVLogic 56. Is that possible?
tobi

a1ex

Guess it's time to summarize what arrived lately in the nightly builds:

- major fixes for external monitors (for 5D3 1.2.3 and backported to all other cameras; thanks to everybody who submitted image dumps)
- lots of fixes in mlv_play (here and here  from ayshih, and a few more from me)
- SRM memory, which gave a major boost in RAW recording times on 50D, 60D and 7D, and minor improvements in all others For example, you no longer need small JPEG or similar tricks.
- fixed a bunch of minor annoyances like date/time drawing over ML menu, tick positions in audio meters, histobar accuracy, or RAW quirks in 10x zoom
- EOS-M: major stability fix from jpaana, and a few small others
- 6D, 650D550D and 500D had a few important fixes too
- 60D has a new installer, please test

Some works in progress, to be included next (not yet included):
- Full-resolution silent pictures (also with MLV timelapse and lightning detection - credits to dmilligan and mk11174)
- mlv_play speedup from ayshih, please review
- Restore after format fixes, please review, to be checked on all cameras
- Dot-tune fixes, please review

Some works in progress which require some more work (not yet included):
- Menu reorganization - credits to stevefal, please review and test it here
- Black level fix, please test and report the bugs (there are a few hard to track)
- ISO research, please run the dynamic range tests and the pixel binning tests
- Temperature reporting, please submit your measurements
- 1100D RAW recording, please fill the missing bits (skip offsets and so on) and submit a pull request
- New sound system, please test and ask g3gg0 what else is needed
- TCC scripting - please test and help porting the PicoC API
- 5D3 1.2.3 - please confirm or debunk the speed regressions rumor in RAW recording (1.1.3 was reported to be a little faster, but no solid evidence to draw a conclusion)

I'll be away for a while; have fun and feel free to try the latest pull requests, or even the branches without a pull request, review them, and try to fill in the missing bits.

P.S. wanna check some download statistics?

Doyle4

Black level fix with 7th Aug nightly i get pink frames on all MLV raw, with it disabled no pink frames. 5Dmkii

a1ex

Doyle4

Ah ok cool, that explains it thanks!

I got a catching up todo as been away awhile, but latest nightly seems as stable as 16th Feb i was using, if i find anything ill post.

Just a quick question, has the hold Joystick ML Menu toggle been removed? on my mkii it no longer does anything apart from working as a standard Q button for Canon functions. Not a problem if not coming back, was a nice feature when one handed.

a1ex

Hm, it only works from LiveView. Didn't notice, on 5D3 it works from photo mode too.

edit: solved.

Doyle4

Just spotted it works in LiveView, cool.

No problem, enjoy what it is your doing  :)

Stedda

Thanks for all your work Alex and others! Enjoy your time off!

I can't believe half a million people running Magic Lantern on 5D III alone that's awesome!
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

SanchYESS

Hello! Maybe I panic too early, but it seems I've bricked my 5D2 with 3288e15 build :o
I tried to obtain correct framing with mlv mode like it was on earlier builds. I tried different settings and seems last setting before bricking was turning on extra hacks. Now it just doesn't turn on with or without CF card.

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, dial M, remove card(s), insert battery, startup cam.
Results?

SanchYESS

Nothing. At one moment I noticed blinking low bat but I have batteries not completely empty. But I may be wrong. Sitting near the charger, waiting... Maybe I'm an epic looser ???

Walter Schulz

SanchYESS

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111 (c) It refuses to react on half-charged battery :'(

Walter Schulz

Expected that one.
Please enter
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=45.0 and send a PM to a1ex. After reading the stickies, of course!

budafilms

Quote from: SanchYESS on August 08, 2014, 06:22:25 PM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111 (c) It refuses to react on half-charged battery :'(

- Full battery. No cards.
- Turn On.

- Format Card in the computer.
- Formatted card in the camera.
- Format Card in the camera.

- If everything works, start again with ML.

Doyle4

try formatting the card and putting 7th Aug build on?

daisermac

The latest builds works great for me, 5D3.123 with external monitor, using MLV - before I had skipped frames from time to time at 1080p25 with Komputerbay 64GB, now I filled three cards without any skipped frames. The image in the EVF is much more usable with mirroring on. Just wished there was something to give me confidence that I am acutally recording when I am only looking through the EVF.

SanchYESS

Quote from: budafilms on August 09, 2014, 08:23:57 AM
- Full battery. No cards.
- Turn On.

- Format Card in the computer.
- Formatted card in the camera.
- Format Card in the camera.

- If everything works, start again with ML.

It does not turn on either with or without card, even with full battery (tried now), just nothing happens, does not connect via USB. I think the firmware has corrupted.
Later will take it to the service.
Guess who is lucky guy :D

Walter Schulz

You might want to contact a1ex first ...
Just saying ...
but afraid you are not listening this time, again.

Doyle4

Have you tried using the ML bootable card program? give it a shot, the camera maybe looking for the .bin file.
Whats happened seems to me is not ML related, good luck buddy.

Doyle4

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 11, 2014, 03:41:50 PM
You might want to contact a1ex first ...
Just saying ...
but afraid you are not listening this time, again.

Agreed, speak to the best first..

SanchYESS

Quote from: Doyle4 on August 11, 2014, 03:43:06 PM
Have you tried using the ML bootable card program? give it a shot, the camera maybe looking for the .bin file.
Whats happened seems to me is not ML related, good luck buddy.

Tried some of test tools from here, same result.

kikedal

Hi, I installed ML on my  5d mkII and it worked perfectly, but later I installed a newer version and uninstalled it to the older version. Now the camera doesn't turn on and when I use a different card it turns on and works perfect, also when I use the ML cf card in another camera, the camera works perfectly.

Why does that happened?

Walter Schulz

Format the card using a cardreader.
The card is still bootable, that's your fault.