Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evanbuzzell

magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr13.5d2212

Great record times, but at 10 minutes on 24fps I hit a frame skip which caused almost like a debug menu to show up, and stay there. This also happened after about 5 minutes at 30fps. Here are the logs
ML ASSERT:
hdr->blockSize >= (sizeof(mlv_vidf_hdr_t) + hdr->frameSpace + frame_size)
at mlv_rec.c:2002 (process_frame), task LiveViewMgr
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Apr13.5D2212
Mercurial changeset   : fb558c7ded91 (unified) tip
Built on 2014-04-12 22:10:29 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 122K + 3966K

ML ASSERT:
at mlv_rec.c:2002 (process_frame), task LiveViewMgr

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Apr13.5D2212
Mercurial changeset   : fb558c7ded91 (unified) tip
Built on 2014-04-12 22:10:29 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 122K + 3968K

Had issues previewing on camera for some files, we will see if it remains a problem once they are extracted

LEVISDAVIS

Experiencing stopped recording at 10'51" with the April 8th build for 5D II with Max resolution at 2.20 aspect ratio.

ML ASSERT:
at mlv_rec.c:1984 (process_frame), task LiveViewMgr

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Apr09.5D2212
Mercurial changeset   : faf639e6c466 (unified) tip
Built on 2014-04-08 22:10:51 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 122K + 3962K

Is there a limitation to max record length? Read in 5DII forum that the Feb 16th build recorded 64GB non-stop 5 times in-a-row.
Levi S. Davis

g3gg0

can you try the next nightly tomorrow? (or this one which is the same)
it will generate an .err file if that happens again
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

blaow

for raw video 1808x* resolutions are no longer selectable on newer builds for canon 6d, why so? I was able to do so with builds from february.

tawusaw

What do you think If Magic Lantern has Preset of All Setting ???

SuperJackRabbit

where can i download the latest nightly build files? https://builds.magiclantern.fm/forum/ turns to home page every time I click "browse Nightly Builds" ??? ???

SuperJackRabbit

Quote from: Audionut on April 21, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

thanks, I found the reason why I can't open http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ is because I'm using the OSX with Chrome&Safari, and I download it in Windows it works. thanks:)

eightcore

I've discovered a problem with my 50D and every nightly build since 2014-03-10. When I want to change shutter or aperture over the scroll wheels, nothing happens on the main display. The hole image on the screen is not changing at all, including the displayed shutter and aperture values. On the b/w display on the top of the camera, the values are changing correctly.

When I switch to the gallery and go back to LiveView the exposure is getting applied correctly.

In summary, it seems that rotating the scroll wheels doesn't trigger a refresh of exposure anymore.

Example:

I power on the camera and launch LiveView.

Main Display: f/2.2, 1/660
Top Display: f/2.2, 1/640

I use the scroll whell to increase the aperture value

Main Display: f/2.2, 1/660
Top Display: f/9.0, 1/640

I open the gallery and switch back to LiveView

Main Display: f/9.1, 1/660 (the new aperture is now getting applied physically, too)
Top Display: f/9.0, 1/640

I tried the following:

- changed several settings in terms of exposure (Exp. Lock and so on)
- formatted the card and completely reinstalled ML
- tried over 15 builds (problem doesn't occur < 2014-03-10 < problem occurs)

What's the cause?

ML5D3

Hi,
Not sure if I'm in the right section here but I am new to ML.
I installed the latest night build this morning to my 5DMK3 with the Canon firmware version of 123. 
I created a DSLR bootable CF card with Macboot.  I placed the ML files in the root of the CF card and installed on my 5DMK3.  Everything seemed to set up fine and I powered the camera off when it said to reboot. 
The result is the camera wouldn't turn on.  I waited for a while took out the battery but still it wouldn't start.  I took out the CF card and battery and started the camera without the CF card and it started.
The problem now is that the camera will only start without the CF card.  When I put in the CF card it won't start up and also I have no ML installed on the camera. 
Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks.

a1ex

@eightcore: might be related to this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9852.msg109631#msg109631

@ML5D3: does it help if you put ML files on a formatted card? (without using MacBoot). Can you show a picture of the install screen? (the messages printed there might provide some clues).

ML5D3

I haven't tried that.  I'm a little afraid to be perfectly honest.

ML5D3

Since the CF card won't work, I'm afraid of screwing up the SD card on it and then i have a camera that won't work at all.

ML5D3

it worked.  formatted the CF card and put it in and it worked :)  Thanks a mill for that @eightcore

f.gear

Hey,
I'm runing ML on my Camera for the first time using the latest nightly build (2014Apr24.5D3123) on my 5DMKIII.
Seems to run pretty stable for my understanding and I'm more than happy with the results. Thanks for all the work building this up.
Nevertheless I'm missing a few features from older Versions. So heres my Question  ;):
Is it possible to enable CBR bitrate control some how and is there a way to implement Bulb ramping ?

many thanks,
Vincent

dmilligan

Quote from: f.gear on April 28, 2014, 11:56:43 PM
is there a way to implement Bulb ramping ?
I've already answered that question once today (and it gets asked several times a week). Please search the forum before posting questions, answers to both of these questions are out there.

f.gear

Quote from: dmilligan on April 29, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
I've already answered that question once today (and it gets asked several times a week). Please search the forum before posting questions, answers to both of these questions are out there.
Already did that, and all I found (as always) are posts where people refering to others post that I can't find. In the time complainig about not searching the forum it would be more pleasing to just link to these posts. But this seems to be a common way. As I mentioned I'm new to ML and I couldn't find somthing that answers my question other ways I wouldn't ask. so please help.

Cheers,
Vincent

Stedda

Quote from: f.gear on April 29, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
Already did that, and all I found (as always) are posts where people refering to others post that I can't find. In the time complainig about not searching the forum it would be more pleasing to just link to these posts. But this seems to be a common way. As I mentioned I'm new to ML and I couldn't find somthing that answers my question other ways I wouldn't ask. so please help.

Cheers,
Vincent

There's 5 pages of results for Bulb Ramping instead of complaining that someone wont hold your hands for the answer you're looking for dig in surely one of those will tell you it was removed over six months ago and what to do if you really want it back or info on it's replacement. Relevant posts are only a few mins of research away.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11069.msg107446#msg107446

(The link took me less than 60 seconds to find)
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

reddeercity

f.gear  is right it's Very Hard to find info in this forum, the dev. know where the information's is but New people have know  idea.
So to say to a New Member just search, is rude and unhelpful . If this Community is to progress with need new people to bring new ideas,
not to discourage them and put them off. Yes there are lazy people out there that don't search and want to have there hand held but you must give people the
benefit of the doubt and a little help.  :)

Stedda

Quote from: reddeercity on April 29, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
you must give people the benefit of the doubt and a little help.  :)

So where's your help? At least I provide a link with my rant.  :)

The answer was in the second post of a search result and IMO part of the reason things are not easy to find is because of the same questions asked over and over again. Bulb Ramp is asked for at least 2-3 times a week.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

UmbertoVicto

Hello,
i joined this forum cuz I'm preparing to install ML on my 7D. What about a dedicated forum?
Essentially I do this for raw recoding for color grading in post.
I spent days trying to unerstand which is the best solution and I had no clue.

I know that I have to begin from the Canon 2.03 firmware. Found.
I'm doing it on Mac.

How is working the last version? Is ok with Raw recording?
I use my camera for work so i can't get stucked.

Keep me updated.
Thanks for help.

Audionut

vicnaum

Today's nightly for 600D doesn't work (Built on: 2014-05-03 04:00:36 +0300)

Camera LED just blinks and nothing happens on screen or whatever, it even blinks after turning camera on and opening both doors - still blinking.

05-02 works though.

Walter Schulz

Don't have a 600D to reproduce but stored ML settings may interfere here.
Delete/rename ML directory and copy ML dir to card and overwrite AUTOEXEC.BIN.
Results still the same?

a1ex

Solved.

Everybody, please download the nightly again (for all cameras). Some experiments (unfinished work) got merged by mistake, and as a result, ETTR and dual iso are halfway broken.

(now these experimental branches no longer merge cleanly, will try to fix)

edit: all seems OK now, except for the clutter in the change log