Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Quote from: thelostson on April 01, 2014, 04:26:36 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that my SD card is slowing down my write speeds on the CF.

Canon menu | SET UP1 | Record func+card/folder sel. | Record func.

Set to "standard".

ToniX

What is the latest nightbuild where there is the latest specific improvement for the 600d?
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

Audionut

Keep an eye on the commit log.  Look for anything that specifically says 600d, or anything that looks like it applies to all cameras.

oee

Tried magiclantern-Nightly for Canon 5D
5D2_212.fir Built on: 2014-04-02

It crashed my Transcend 1000x 32GB card. It is totally dead. It does not longer work in camera or pop up in MacOs disk utility. I think it burned up or something?

I filmed for 30 minutes in RAW, temperature was 52 celcius. (marked as yellow or orange i think)  The camera started to beeb and show error messages under recording. I stopped the camera directly and took it out. But everything I filmed was gone, and the card destroyed :(

Was a little bit worried first that my camera had died, since it will not even start with that card in it. But Camera seems ok. With a normal card it worked fine.

nanomad

ML can't destroy cf cards.. Thermal damage is nowhere near possible as the camera will shutdown long before that.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

oee

Ok, something happened though while recording in RAW...

after that, the card is completely dead. I have tried several cardreaders - no contact at all.

Any ideas what happened?

Marsu42

Quote from: oee on April 04, 2014, 02:41:55 PM
Any ideas what happened?

My guess the card simply couldn't stand the data rate strain and died, I second the theory that ML itself wasn't necessarily the cause. Reality is that things break and there are production faults that only show under stress, and unfortunately ML is quickly blamed.

reddeercity

I would say a bad card, on my 5D2 I see temp. when recording long take(64GB) in the range of
58-67 degrees C . On Lexar 1000x  :)

budafilms

Quote from: oee on April 04, 2014, 02:41:55 PM
Ok, something happened though while recording in RAW...

after that, the card is completely dead. I have tried several cardreaders - no contact at all.

Any ideas what happened?

Do you know the REAL lifetime of new CF cards?
1000 cycles? 400 hours?
Nobody. They are new.

Guerrilla.56

I've downloaded and installed the latest Nightly Build for my Canon 6d, and the ETTR function does not appear in the Exposure menu. My dial is set to M, ISO at 800, and Image Review is at 2 seconds. Any advice?

Walter Schulz

Guerrilla.56

Since I'm a noob I don't understand your question. Firmware version 1.1.3

tron

Quote from: Guerrilla.56 on April 05, 2014, 12:40:54 AM
Since I'm a noob I don't understand your question. Firmware version 1.1.3
Go to the Modules Tab  and activate the module you need (in your case ETTR). Turn your camera off and on.

Guerrilla.56

Thanks! Man, ML makes me feel like an idiot.

ch_d

Hey.

What is the latest, most stable RAW (not MLV) build for the 5DM3 on 1.1.3?
Please tell me.

Thank you,
ch_d
5D MII

mbmoore

I did a fresh install of the ML code on a 5D3 with 1.2.3 firmware. I loaded the ML files onto the root of my CF card, and left my Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card in the second slot. The install wouldn't complete and the camera appeared to be bricked.  :o  Fortunately, once I removed the Eye-Fi card it came back to life and booted with ML intact. Oddly though, if I try to replace the Eye-Fi card the same thing happens - no boot up. Swapping or removing CF cards has no effect - it seems like the Eye-Fi card is just incompatible with ML. Uninstalling ML and I was able to boot with the Eye-Fi card in place again.

budafilms

Quote from: ch_d on April 06, 2014, 01:58:17 PM
Hey.

What is the latest, most stable RAW (not MLV) build for the 5DM3 on 1.1.3?
Please tell me.

Thank you,
ch_d

I am working with March 17. No problems with .RAW

Stedda

Quote from: mbmoore on April 10, 2014, 05:54:13 AM
Swapping or removing CF cards has no effect - it seems like the Eye-Fi card is just incompatible with ML. Uninstalling ML and I was able to boot with the Eye-Fi card in place again.

This is listed in the User Guide/Install guide... well know issue. Glad you got it to work afterwards though...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

ch_d

5D MII

ToniX

since build 01-02-2014  any  other version I try to install on my 600D  it give me "error loading modules"
... I wonder why, any one else?
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

Walter Schulz

Delete ML folder from card, del AUTOEXEC.BIN. Expand latest nightly and copy contents to card. Try again. Results?

ToniX

Hi Walter shultz, done, no result. Even tryed a fresh install from scratch: formatted a card in exFat, installed ML 2.3 via EOS card utility, deleted everything and replaced with a night build: the last working one is the one mentioned above, oh, just curios to ask. 
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

a1ex

Screenshot? exact error message?

There is no "error loading modules" string in the source code.

anchorlessfilms

Quote from: anchorlessfilms on March 28, 2014, 05:38:57 PM
Using the 03.28 build on 5DIII 1.2.3 and loving it thus far. HDMI is working without issues except for the ML display is OPAQUE over some areas of the image. How difficult would it be to make the ML display at 75% opacity? Is it possible?

Thanks, y'all are the best.

R

Anyone have an answer RE: above?

Thanks!

Jupiter55

Hi,
I've had the error "loading modules" or "could not find ..." just before on my EOS M with this nightly build: magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr02.EOSM202

added: there are several errors as "undefined symbol... afma..."   dot-tune ?

Now I just copied the newer one (magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr09.EOSM202) over the files on the SD-card
and all was fine again, no error at startup any more. / until today, not consistent error, every third start of the EOS M it hangs.

Thanks,
ML on 5D2, 7D, EOS-M