Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EuAcelasi

Quote from: wodseme on March 12, 2014, 07:42:53 PM
Running magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Mar12.5D3113 build with a 32 Sandisk Extreme pro card (160 Mbps R/W). Recording MLV with audio module loaded, Global draw off, memory hacks on, memory spanning etc turned on to record ultra HD RAW video. So far, my set up allows for continuos recording of 2048x1152. I used mlv2dng for osx to generate dng sequence. The sequence appears to be fine, but when imported to Davinci resolve, its broken up into several clips. Lightroom imports only readable dng files while ignoring some. Its like its dropping frames....or rather some frames are not recording properly.

I tried to Enable/Desable the settings but it doesn`t allow me to go over 1080... says it isn`t possible in current video mode... What`s wrong?

Walter Schulz

You have to use Crop Mode to bypass this limitation. Other limitations will occur then, of course.

eyeland

magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Mar14.5D3113 running seemingly very stable and without any noticeable glitches so far :)
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

moneymandagod

nighlty build tester

i got ML running on the canon 700d, but I am not able to record raw video. when i try to record it drops frame and disables record, someone help me please. overall I'm feeling that ML for the 700d is near stable and can't wait for the ML 2.3 firmware for 700d. I'm a ML tester and is always willing to help, but that is the only bug i have to report at this time.

Walter Schulz

Please report properly:
Settings used, card used, number of frames before drop ...

And using a decent font would be fine, too.

fotogemeinschaft_de

I would like to understand the development order of the nightly builds (f.i. the important bleeding edge Build of Canon 5d MK 3 (firmware 1.2.3.) is dated 17.3.14 and the Nightly build of the firmware version 1.1.3 is dated 21.3.14; why (in the development cycle) the development of the old firmware version is more important than the development of the newer firmware version?

IMHO the ML-version for newer firmware-version (1.2.3.) seems to be much more important (because of easy (de)installation etc.) than the development of the old one.
Please visit my www.fotogemeinschaft.de - 30.000 pics

a1ex

1.1.3 builds are automatic, 1.2.3 ones are manually updated.

Audionut

And it only makes sense to manually update them, when there has been changes to the codebase.

Otherwise, the only difference will be the date in the download.

inkboy310

Not sure if it's a bug or I am not doing it correctly but I am not able to turn off exposure simulation (ExpSim) on 5D3 running ML 1.2.3 build.

disjecta

I'm using the 3-17-14 build that supports firmware 1.2.3 on the Canon 5D Mark III. Everything works great except the crop marks. If I choose cinemascope or some other aspect ratio, the mask disappears when I am recording RAW video making it difficult to figure out framing. Maybe I'm missing something or haven't enabled something in the menu but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Other than that, I'm thrilled to be running ML with the latest camera firmware.

Audionut

@inkboy310, do it from the Canon menu.

@disjecta, look for the Global Draw option in the mlv_rec menu.

disjecta

Thanks. I have Global Draw enabled for all modes. I can see everything properly in the display before I record but as soon as I do, the display overlay disappears. Not sure why.

Audionut

Did you check in the mlv_rec menu?  Or only in the main Overlay menu?

disjecta

@Audionut, that was indeed the problem. Global Draw was set to off in the record menu. All is working now. Thank you!

downcast

im running MLnightly-2014Mar22 on my 60d and powersave in liveview seems to be broken. powersave is set to turn off the display after 20 secs but after the display turns off, it goes back on after a few seconds.

core_32

I've updated to nightly.2014mar22.5D3113 and noticed that the camera disables the "debug info" option on each restart. Am I missing something? Will appreciate any help.

Nang

I haven't updated since August 2013 so I'm very behind on features, please bare with me. I just updated to 2014.Mar24.5D3113 and so far everything is good. I'm going over and playing around with some features, but I can't for the life of me find an option to keep my overlays on when recording. I see the overlays when not recording, but when I do press record, they all disappear except for the green light and the counter. Any help please?

Thank you
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

ted ramasola

in raw video tab there is a "2nd" global draw switch, I think its OFF by default. Turn it ON
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Nang

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 24, 2014, 03:39:39 AM
in raw video tab there is a "2nd" global draw switch, I think its OFF by default. Turn it ON

Perfect! thank you very much!  :D

Also, the overall layouts & features are sooo much better versus August builds. I'm loving it!

Thank you!
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

nanomad

Nightly builds will now be published only if there has been at least one commit in the relevant branch for that day. This is to avoid wasting computing power when it's not needed (and make regression testing shorter)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

anchorlessfilms

Using the 03.28 build on 5DIII 1.2.3 and loving it thus far. HDMI is working without issues except for the ML display is OPAQUE over some areas of the image. How difficult would it be to make the ML display at 75% opacity? Is it possible?

Thanks, y'all are the best.

R

wodseme

Quote from: EuAcelasi on March 18, 2014, 05:31:54 PM
I tried to Enable/Desable the settings but it doesn`t allow me to go over 1080... says it isn`t possible in current video mode... What`s wrong?

Make sure FPS overide is on. Then when on live view, press the "zoom" once (enter crop mode). Then press the trash can to access ML menu. ON the Raw video you will have the option to shoot beyond HD resolutions. (card and camera permiting)

RenStarFilm

[]
Canon 5D mark lll ,KOMPUTERBAY 32GB 1000x CF card

thelostson

5D Miii - bleeding edge (latest)

I have the Hoodman Steel 32gb compact flash.  Is there anyway to run ML off of this compact flash without the usage of an SD.  I have a sneaky suspicion that my SD card is slowing down my write speeds on the CF.

When I try and install from my hoodman steel 32gb, it says it cant find the firmware to update to ML.

If I install off of my SD, it works... but it'll recognize that the CF card has ML after the fact.

Any thoughts?

Walter Schulz

Use EOScard utility to make CF card bootable, copy contents of the unzipped file (AUTOEXEC.BIN + ML directory) to card. Insert CF into cam, startup and see what happens. No update needed to run ML in this scenario.