Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP9

Sensor cleaning bug seems to be fixed! Thanks a lot.

Anything else to check right now?

a1ex

The memory backend updates affect pretty much everything.

For example, silent pictures used to crash if you used them at the same time with raw recording (both were fighting over the entire shoot memory). Now I'm trying to trigger an err70 and I can't any more.

nanomad

Quote from: a1ex on February 13, 2014, 09:01:49 PM
Note: there are some failed builds that lack a stub for memory backend. Just find that stub and these builds will be resumed.

Platforms left to be fixed:
500D
550D
600D
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

noix222

hello guys.. im just testing the new build (13/02/2014) on my mk3... im not getting any pink frames at all... but i've noticed that i cant get faster recording speed like some other older builds... 24fps is fine in 1920x1080 - continuous ... 30fps gives me only 500 frames... i used to get continuous shooting with other builds.. same normal configuration.... any ideas? im with card spanning on and all the hacks ON... also when i open the image in ACR it comes all green (corrected when i press auto white balance), note: the same file in davinci comes fine not greenish.

any idea?

thanks a lot guyssss

a1ex

30 fps at 1920x1080 is continuous here with raw_rec, 104 MB/s, Komputerbay 1000x, 5D3 123.

noix222

raw_rec is faster than MLV? im gonna try that.. im on KOMPUTERBAY 64gb 1000x as well... but im on firmware 1.1.3..

also any idea about the green frame?

a1ex

noix222

alright now i got 98MB.... not continuous 30fps yet... but now went from 15 seconds to 30 seconds recording.... do you think it can be faster if i go to firmware 1.2.3 ? thanks a1ex!!!!

i did a lot of testing.... MLV is not sustaining high bit rate anymore... don't know why. I have all set properly but i cant get 30fps continuous.... :( ---- i have a komputerbay 1000x 64gb. Using RAW_REC it stays around 99MB all time nothing more... using MLV the SD gets 17.2mb all time but CF stays around 50MB 60MB nothing more.. any idea?

thanks guys!!!

eikerir

is there any way to see the space remaining in the card on the 600D? Every time i try the latest builds with the redesigned GUI i can't see it on screen even if activated on the menu. Any help appreciated!

a1ex

MLV thread is here.

I don't expect 123 any faster or slower than 113, I only told you what I was using. Maybe I've got a better copy of that card, who knows.

a1ex

More recent updates included in the nightly builds:

From dmilligan:
- menu caret (for menu items with lots of choices, like intervalometer time, number of shots, memory browser, you have both fast toggling and caret-based editing at digit level, so dialing values like 3h10m05s or 1005 shots it's now really quick and intuitive)

From nanomad:
- zebras in QuickReview (after taking a picture) for cameras without a dedicated button for it (1100D, 650D, 700D and EOS-M)
- EOS-M back to nightly builds (progress with backporting from TL)

From g3gg0:
- 7D back to nightly builds (vyskocil backported mlv_snd from TL)
- progress on mlv_rec and io_crypt

From Marsu42:
- first steps towards bringing the 6D back to mainline (the port is confirmed to be working - also by mofig - so let's enable the nightly builds)

From pompeiisneaks aka frenchiefilms, nanomad and chris_overseas:
- 5D3 time/bitrate indicator updated for lvinfo (todo: port it on the other cameras)

From escho:
- cold pixel fix in mlv_dump

From Audionut:
- refactored Post Deflicker into a module (with help from nanomad)

From me:

mlv_rec/mlv_snd:
- audio meters will only appear when sound is enabled (and disappear when it's not)
- audio working with FPS override

raw_rec:
- minor UI tweaks

We are looking for people with sufficient time, motivation and skill to maintain the above-mentioned ports. If this describes you, your help is more than welcome. Start by solving something from the EasyCoding tasks, or just find something you can improve or refactor, code it and submit a pull request to Magic Lantern's main repository (don't just maintain your own fork).

Happy coding/testing!

swinxx

whow great that there is so much progress. thx for all your hard work

a1ex

Please keep the camera-specific discussion in the threads linked above.

In particular, since these are backports from Tragic Lantern, there may still be difference between the builds. You should compare the two builds side-by-side, so the developers know what else needs to be backported.

Reminder: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

bkostelac

For the Feb 21, 2014 build, I had to explicitly choose cf card as the preferred card otherwise it would record straight to sd. The benchmark test says it was testing cf card but was tapping out at around 20mb/s. When I did a few test shots and searched for the content it was on the SD. I don't know if this is widespread or just an issue with my camera 5d3 1.1.3

Just thought it is worth pointing out. Cheers.

a1ex

Should be default in next nightly (I had this enabled on 5D3 123 and now I've backported it).

Extreme Ham

Hey, I'm new to the forum/ML and after a search, found nothing about my question: It's okay to download and install an older nightly build if I want to, right? On the original post, it says something like "make sure you download the right version for your camera," and I assume that just means, "don't download the 7D build if you have a 60D."

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: Extreme Ham on February 26, 2014, 04:50:53 AM
Hey, I'm new to the forum/ML and after a search, found nothing about my question: It's okay to download and install an older nightly build if I want to, right? On the original post, it says something like "make sure you download the right version for your camera," and I assume that just means, "don't download the 7D build if you have a 60D."

Yes you can download an older nightly. Not sure what the point would be though unless you find a bug in the new nightly, then you can revert to an older one. But usually newer nightlies fix bugs.
And correct, don't put a 7D build on your 60D.

funkysound

I just saw that there is a "EOSM.202.CLEANUP" Version in the Nightly Builds.
What is it and where is the difference compared to the normal EOSM.202 version?
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

Stedda

Quote from: funkysound on March 10, 2014, 12:23:31 PM
I just saw that there is a "EOSM.202.CLEANUP" Version in the Nightly Builds.
What is it and where is the difference compared to the normal EOSM.202 version?

Click on the Changelog button and compare... look back a few days if needed....
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

a1ex

It was some experimental stuff that should be already in the regular nightly.

Mars67

Not sure if this is the 100% right thread to post but I really need to say this. I have only recently discovered ML and installed it on my 550D. I really want to thank and congratulate all the people developing and contributing to this fantastic firmware enhancement. I am amazed at the knowledge and skills in evidence. I simply cannot believe how much more functional the camera is and the mind-blowing features that you guys are developing and adding. I am testing the latest nightly build now and have not found any issues. WOW!

wodseme

Running magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Mar12.5D3113 build with a 32 Sandisk Extreme pro card (160 Mbps R/W). Recording MLV with audio module loaded, Global draw off, memory hacks on, memory spanning etc turned on to record ultra HD RAW video. So far, my set up allows for continuos recording of 2048x1152. I used mlv2dng for osx to generate dng sequence. The sequence appears to be fine, but when imported to Davinci resolve, its broken up into several clips. Lightroom imports only readable dng files while ignoring some. Its like its dropping frames....or rather some frames are not recording properly.

bogor62

The last builds are going be better and better ,keep on continue ,good job ,btw I'm using a 1100D.

daveRe78

Great work, love the 5d mark 3 1.2.3 build. Little nitpick, the camera doesn't turn on when my eye-fi card is in the sd-card slot. Still, great job :)

robbie75vr

Quote from: daveRe78 on March 17, 2014, 10:12:13 PM
Great work, love the 5d mark 3 1.2.3 build. Little nitpick, the camera doesn't turn on when my eye-fi card is in the sd-card slot. Still, great job :)

To use it, just copy the latest night build over the old version or .. ? Thanks