No sound, no video

Started by Oleg March, October 10, 2012, 08:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oleg March

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me out.
I have a T3i/600D w. ML installed. I'm trying to monitor the sound using Canon's orig USB/AV cable. When I plug it in the video disappears from the screen. Also I do not hear anything through the headphones even though I'm using light weight in ear buds (presumably low Ohmage) and the FIIO amp. Any suggestions, PLEASE?
Thank you in advance
Oleg  March

Malcolm Debono

You need to turn on headphone monitoring from the ML's audio menu.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Oleg March

no audio settings, no option to turn it on.
Also when I plug the USB/AV cord in it stops the recording.

a1ex

It's 600D. Use an experimental build or wait for next stable release.

tin2tin

Maybe it's something similar to what I experience with my 60D and ML2.3?

Having Headphone mon. switched on and the dslr cord attached to a pair of headphones and rebooting the camera the screen is black and no audio is heard.

However if I keep the dslr cable in the camera and remove the headphone cord and reboot the camera and then attach the headphone cord to the dslr cord both the screen and the audio works.

So maybe there is some sort of bug when rebooting the camera with the headphones attached? 

a1ex

Works for me, there was a similar report for 60D and I couldn't reproduce it.

tin2tin

Hmm testing the suggested work flow once again doesn't seem to reproduce the black screen. It might have been that the Headphone mon. was off and the camera was switched on with the dslr cord attached, which results in a black screen on the camera.

1%

Sometimes it doesn't catch. If you have this problem, unplug a/v cord and toggle audio override on and off once or so.