Exposure and Dark LCD Screen with Manual Lens

Started by IndyP, October 05, 2012, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyP

Hi Everyone,
  I have the Canon T2i 550D with ML loaded on it and have just purchased my first fully manual cine lens, but I am experiencing some issues with exposure.
  In Movie mode all seems well. However, in still mode (I always shoot manual mode ) the LCD screen is very dark. I located some discussion concerning this which advised leaving the camera powered up when you change lenses, but this did not work. I was at one point (while fooling around), able to get it to work only to see the same problem return when I powered down, then up again. 
   Can anyone enlighten me as to a possible fix for this problem. Thanks

nanomad

You can try increasing the LV brightness from ML menu
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

a1ex

IndyP

Thanks for the tip Alex. However, I still need a little more clarification in order to better understand how to proceed.

I've just taken a few shots in Manual still mode at f/3.5, 1/48th and ISO 1600 and had the following results.

Exposure Override   (Off)    Display is dark
                                        Actual shot taken is brighter (more exposed than what the LCD screen shows)
                                        But meter shows -2 underexposure
                             (Auto)  Same result as being in the (Off) mode
                             (On)     What you see is what you get
                                         But meter shows -1. 2/3rd underexposed
                                         Histogram also reflects meter reading of underexposure

The Histogram shows underexposure in all three modes. Is their a fix that will enable the meter and the Histogram to show correct exposure as well as what you see is what you get?

Thanks