[DONE] Camera trap trigger

Started by Dunc101, October 03, 2012, 12:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Can you test this autoexec.bin? (remember to enable the "press REC" thing and leave the camera on movie mode)
http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/550D/autoexec.bin
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Dunc101

Hi Nanomad,

That works perfectly!!! Fantastic!
Are you going to add it to the source code?
If not would it be possible to have a 5D mark II version as well?

Thank you very much

All the best
Duncan

nanomad

Well, at least now I know that my fix was indeed working. I'll merge it with alex's version
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Dunc101

Quote from: nanomad on October 10, 2012, 03:53:59 PM
Well, at least now I know that my fix was indeed working. I'll merge it with alex's version

Thanks very much.
The 550D version works well.
Could you let me know once you have done it so I can download the 5D version, or will it be on the nightly build?

Thanks
D

nanomad

It will be in one of the upcoming nightly builds... I'll update this thread when I've fixed it

g3gg0

only if we get a link where we can see the result of what your trap recorded :D
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Dunc101

nanomad

Bumbing, since my old fix wasn't really that clean, what would be a nice way to detect if camera was powered on using half-shutter (resume from auto power off)?

Dunc101

Quote from: nanomad on October 30, 2012, 12:24:32 AM
Bumbing, since my old fix wasn't really that clean, what would be a nice way to detect if camera was powered on using half-shutter (resume from auto power off)?

Yes that would work, resume from auto power off / or ML equivelent (powersave) but it would also have to start the video recording on resume with only one half shutter press.

Thanks
D

Dunc101

Hi Namomad,

I just tried the new nightly build on my 5D mark II, to make it wake up in live view on a 5D you must have the always force Live view setting on. Also auto power save (lcd off) while recording does not seem to work on a 5D mark II.

Did you manage to find a fix for the Rec resume on start up feature?, that is all I need now to make it work perfectly for the camera trap.

Thanks
D

nanomad

Not really, it crashed my camera. I think the "hack" was not really that stable...

Dunc101

Quote from: nanomad on November 03, 2012, 02:48:01 PM
Not really, it crashed my camera. I think the "hack" was not really that stable...

Sorry to hear it crashed your camera, did you manage to fix it?
Do you think that it is still possible to build a stable version of this feature?

I can supply cookies! :)

As you said, being able to have a video recording as soon as the camera wakes up, potentially would be useful for other people filming weddings and fast events.

Thanks

D

Dunc101

Hi,

Thanks to all the developers on this Forum, This is working on a 550D and a 5D, as well as lots of other cameras.

Thank you for all the help over the last few months

I will post the results once I get them.

All the best
Dunc101

Dunc101

Hi,

As promised here is some of videos using ML camera trap settings.
http://youtu.be/4rxONK0cOW8

cheers

D

1%

Its like the tiger sensed the camera and backed off...

g3gg0

he took the smell :D
thank for sharing!
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Dunc101

Thanks for all your help.
more to come..

Dunc101

The version of ML you made me for the 5D mark II, would it be possible to make it work on the 550D?
As Nanomad's old version is missing a few features.

Cheers
D

bart

Quote from: Dunc101
Hi,

As promised here is some of videos using ML camera trap settings.
http://youtu.be/4rxONK0cOW8

cheers

D

WoW great shots. Also very nice shots of the Clouded Leopard. What a beauty!
I assume the resolution to be a bit crippled for copyright purposes, because I get similar results with my Bushnell Trophy HD camera.

Dunc101

jackhynes

Hi guys, I know I'm opening up an old thread here but I would love to be able to do exactly what Dunc101 wanted. I've got the latest nightly on the 600D and I have the same problem of needing two HS to start a recording, and I wasn't able to find a auto-stop after a certain amount of time. Any chance there is still some development on this?

jedtrently

Hi all,

Digging up a bit of an old topic but this feature is precisely what I want, only on the 60D.

Does anyone know if this feature can be added to the 60D or is it already in the code?

I've had a look but cannie find anything

All the best,
Jed

a1ex

The recdelay.lua script looks pretty close (might require minor tweaking).

jedtrently