backwards liveview actuations count on 5d mkII

Started by traeuble, October 03, 2012, 12:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traeuble

hi

when displaying the shutter count in the debug menu the number for pictures taken works fine
but in front of the number of the liveview actuations there is a "-" and the number counts backwards

Is it still possible to estimate the real shuttercount becaus I really need to know it.

träuble

edit:
the most reasonable explanation is, that the count has exceeded a specific limit
It might be useful if some of you can tell their count. Maybe it is possible to estimate the maximum value

traeuble

please
can just somebody confirm that it is possible to have more then 10 000 liveview actuations

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Roman

Yep I'm up to about 13000 with my 600D.

Apparently 7D shutters are rated for 250,000, I'd imagine a 5D should be that or more.

How you'd reach that though unless you shoot a hell of a lot of timelapses, I do not know :)

traeuble

Quote from: ilguercio on October 07, 2012, 03:00:10 AM
Why not?
because ML shows a negative number on my camera (-6000)
I need to know the real count because I bought it used with different description of the shutter count

@Roman
thanks for the answer
just to be sure: the 13000 is just for liveview actuation (second number) not the shutter count with mirror movement?

a1ex

Can you ask a Canon service what's the shutter count, and then tell me both values? (the true one and the one displayed by ML)

traeuble

at the moment ML shows: 61980+-6178
EOSinfo gives me 61980 so just the normal shutter count

I bought this camera with description of less than 50k
first I will speak again with the Seller for a solution
he already said in the beginning that he barely used live view, so I assume a 10k limit, which would explain the weed number

as I know is shutter count reading by canon not for free
so I would only do it, if I can't find an agreement with the seller

criz_a

Hello, I have the same "issue", the first number in the shutter count row is lower than the second after the =, which may be the total sum of actuation. After the second number then there is the +- sign(s) and then the live view count.

I don't think ML is counting backwards or something, couldn't it be rather the case that the first number before the =, and the second are interchanged? If yes, why is it like that?

If there is a way I can help to clarify the "bug", please tell me how!

a1ex

criz_a

I will be able to go to a canon service center, but unfortunately only around Christmas time, so except traeuble goes before that, we have to be patient  ::)

t0olbox

Hi. I know this thread is old. i'm just facing this problem now and i can't find other thread about this. I just had my board replaced with a used one, due to hdmi port problem. my shutter count is
2k = 4099 +- 1868 and the last value is counting backwards. I'm worried what will happen after the value reaches zero.. i hope a1ex reads this.

Thank you,

T0olbox

nanomad

Ask a canon service center for the correct readings, then report back canon and ML values
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

t0olbox

Thanks for the info. But i think i won't have time to do that. I'll just wait for something to come up in here. Does that mean there is no solution yet for this matter?

Thanks,
T0olbox

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5