Long Exposure (bulb) and HDR

Started by nitto1320i, October 03, 2012, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitto1320i

hi guys, i was just wondering if it is possible for magic lantern to do Long exposure HDR. i know the basics of doing normal HDR with proper exposure compensation or how many brackets i need, but i really wanted to try out bulb/long exposure hdr like doing bulb mode at night to shoot some tractors on the field without any artificial light source but the moon and i don't know how to compensate for very dark scenario. anyone tried this yet? i would be really glad to listen to the pros out there with their tips and workflow. :D

cartola

Hi,

I have made this night picture using magic lantern for the exposure bracketing:
http://cartola.org/360/en/2012/08/19/day-and-night-on-the-roof-at-leblon-rio-de-janeiro-brazil/

I have set up an initial exposure of 2s and 2EV between exposures, have set up exposure order to 0 + ++, so the 2s exposure would be the fastest one, then I've set up 4 shots. The resulting times have been 2s, 10s, 42s and 170s. Following this steps you can extend times much more, as you can start with 30s, make up to 5EV between shots and up to 9 shots with ML auto bracketing. You can also notice that I've gotten those times using f16.

Regards, Cartola.

3pointedit

Cartola, that was amazing! Great pano, would love to see an animated version, pseudo timeplase ;)
550D on ML-roids