[WONTFIX] "choose compression" and "semi auto-mode"?

Started by Bachi, October 23, 2012, 05:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bachi

Hey there,

just thought of two things that would be very nice to have... not sure if they're possible to include...:

-choose compression: a short tool for choosing the camera's compression for video or for choosing format, similar to what Canon put in 5D III...

-semi-auto mode: like you are allowed to preset shutter speed, but ISO and aperture are controlled by Canon automatic mode (and alternately)...

Cheers,
Markus

***modification: Sorry, I was talking 'bout video semi automatic***

nanomad

I suppose you're talking about video.

- Choose compression: It's called bitrate (CBR/Quantizer controls in ML, encoder parameters in 1% builds).
- Semi auto mode: This feature is already available in nightly builds (you set a target exposure and the camera will auto adjust 2 out of 3 parameters for you)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Francis

I think your idea of Semi-auto mode is Tv. With you Tv and ISO set to AUTO, you set the shutter, the camera picks the other 2. This is available on every model in the Canon DSLR line. Unless you are talking about this feature in movie mode. I imagine in auto-exposure movie mode, the shutter will be the last thing changed.

Don't think he is talking about exposure lock.

Chris F

The Canon video cameras have the Semi-Auto mode(Shutter Priority or Aperture Priority) and it is really handy. Another feature that works well along with this is the Auto Gain Limit. It allows you to set how high you will allow the auto gain to go.