Autofocus between shots with intervalometer t3i?

Started by granelli, October 01, 2012, 04:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granelli

Is it possible using magic lantern to have the camera autofocus between shots when using the intervalometer?

Francis

I believe that this option has been added since v2.3. If you compile the current source you'll be good to go.

granelli

I updated to the new version but I can't get it to focus in between shots. I noticed a few differences in the options but didn't see anything for this feature? Is there anyway to get a moving camera to re-focus as it moves and shoot pictures?

nanomad

I added it as an hidden option since there was no space left in the menus...
Now that we have scrolling I can make it visibile. I'll post an update when it's done
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nanomad

Nevermind, it's already in a menu: Intervalometer -> Hit "Submenu" -> Use autofocus.
You need a build newer than 25 August 2012
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

granelli

What do you mean by "I need a newer build" The camera is a t3i and has v2.3, is this fine? If not, can you direct me towards the newest release?

Thanks for responding so soon

1%

2.3 is stable but gettin gray hairs. Newest stuff is in my binaries and ml source. No new full fledged releases yet.

ilguercio

It should be time for us to have something like night builds.
Maybe one every 3-4 days would be a nice idea.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

granelli

is it possible for me to get this update? I'm running 2.3 right off the main webpage, I haven't added anything else.

Thanks, I would be willing to pay for this feature alone.

1%

You can try:
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/downloads

Still don't have wav to video sync but I'm working on it. Your AF is there. Otherwise compile from main repo.

granelli

I hate keep asking what seem like basic questions but those links don't work on mac's do they? Do I just need the latest update or is there a specific file that contains the autofocus?

1%

Autoexec.bin is the binary. If you have ML already you're ok. You just replace it. But my bins are for exfat/fast cards.

granelli

Thanks for explaining that, it makes sense now. What is the specific file needed for the autofocus feature? The download ending in .latest wouldn't turn my camera on when I removed the original autoexe file

Francis

Rename the .latest file to autoexec.bin first.

granelli

Vanityq

Hi, its my bad that i had a groupshot with intervalometer but so sad all pics are out of focus unlike before. Can i use this bin file for my 60d? Need this one please. Im on my 2.3stable

1%

Vanityq

Thanks,

but when i post to alex i cannot understand his answers :(
he is telling me that the solution is in this thread.

reference to my issue: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1471/autofocus-in-between-intervalometer-shots

cant either find the setting on intervalometer submenu on my 60d using 2.3 stable.
what does he mean it is already resolved?

and he is telling that it is implemented on 2.3
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1465/60d-af-on-intervalometer

can you please lead me where to find one?

thanks for your prompt reply

1%

Download a nightly build, its in the forum. Its not included 2.3 stable on main page. Otherwise compile from source. I see it in my menus but I build again when there are new changes.

nanomad

He said
"It was implemented after 2.3 stable, not removed."

AFTER 2.3 so it's not in 2.3 but it is working in the nightly builds

Vanityq

Thank you so much, now i got it :)
i just need to download the nightly build and replace the bin file on my card.

might just wait for the next stable release..

loving all your hardwork guys! :)