Gettings started as developer

Started by Strahlex, September 26, 2012, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpjpandone

Quote from: dmilligan on August 15, 2014, 12:56:35 PM
ln -s /usr/bin/rst2html.py /usr/bin/rst2html

This worked!

Big thanks to:

dmilligan, Audionut, nikfreak, ayshih, and philmoz  - I really appreciate your time and energy guys!

I actually got a zip that looks like a nightly build now!

I did notice some other errors/warnings, if someone has time, can you please confirm that the following is acceptable?

(code too large to post) download a txt file of the output from cygwin here:

http://www.filedropper.com/cygwinoutput

the builds I am generating are working fine on my 7D, and I have already fixed some issues that were bothering me for months now! I really can't thank you enough. I'm so happy to be able to participate now.

~Jon

nikfreak

most of the warnings are confusing when compiling for first time
You will get used to it. File posted by you looks good to me.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

ayshih

Quote from: dpjpandone on August 15, 2014, 05:20:28 PM
I did notice some other errors/warnings, if someone has time, can you please confirm that the following is acceptable?
It looks like the errors you're still having are with building the local executables (raw2dng and cr2hdr), which is why you aren't having any problems with what you are loading on the camera.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

dpjpandone

Quote from: ayshih on August 15, 2014, 07:52:18 PM
It looks like the errors you're still having are with building the local executables (raw2dng and cr2hdr), which is why you aren't having any problems with what you are loading on the camera.

OK, thanks! I remember seeing a post about how someone fixed this error with raw2dng, so I'll try that first.

menoc

-I was also getting:

/bin/sh: rst2html: command not found

-I got it to work by putting "rst2html.py" in "/usr/local/bin/rst2html" directory:

sudo ln -s rst2html.py /usr/local/bin/rst2html

pdykmans

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum and quite eager to contribute... if only I would get the stuff to compile :-(

I'm running Ubuntu on a virtual box and I get this "/bin/sh rst2html not found" error. Now, I've seen some posts on this but none of the solutions work. I have a copy of the docutils-0.12 sitting under my magiclantern home directory. And from inside the "/docutils-0.12/tools" directory I've issued a "sudo ln -s rst2html.py /usr/local/bin/rst2html" command. This worked and the symbolic link is created in the "/usr/local/bin" directory allright.

However, rst2html is still not found. At least; not consistently.

Now the weird thing is; when I run make on a module (e.g. dual_iso) just after a clean it always fails with rst2html not found. When I issue Make a second time around the dual_iso.mo file is created without rst2html spoiling my evening ;-)

However, when I issue "make zip" on the 60D.111 directory, there's that pesky "rst2html  not found" again for every single module.

On the bright side; the platforms do compile and I get the autoexec.bin just fine. It's only the modules giving me trouble.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

pdykmans

Ok... I got it now. My mistake! I had the docutils-0.12 allright but they weren't properly installed. Going into the docutils directory and issuing "sudo python setup.py install" did the trick. Nothing special for most of you I guess, but my knowledge of Linux has gone REALLY rusty. So I put it here for my own recollection.

I can now compile 60D.111 ZIP just fine, with 12 modules inside the archive. My day is good! :-)

Now, as for what I was thinking of contributing; I would like to have a bit of feedback on feasability and usefulness.

So, my idea was to automatically bracket a dual-iso shoot into 2 or 3 shoots. For the purpose of (maybe) add even more quality in post. Like restoring some of the lost vertical resolution and reducing the aliasing/moire effect.

1) The 2 bracket would be a dual-iso followed by a reverse dual-iso. So, if the normal does 100/800, the second would do 800/100. I might get this completely wrong, but would this allow to restore some of the lost resolution in post? I'm here assuming you shoot from a tripod so that both shots can be more or less overlayed. And since the loss of vertical resolution is introduced by missing line information, can I assume that both shots will hold eachother's missing pieces?

2) The triple bracket would be a dual-iso followed by a shot with the base iso and one with the recovery iso. The thinking here is more or less the same.

Now, I KNOW that the strength of dual-iso is that you can have low noise in just one shot, thus eliminating the problem of moving objects. But in landscape photography this is not usually an issue. I'm basically hinting at classic HDR, but without some of the flaws.

Would any of this be useful/feasable?

Pelican

It's easier to take a normal (not dual iso) one with 100 and another one with 800.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

pdykmans

Of all things automatic, I tend to find bracketing one of the most useful really. Especially when shooting semi-hand-held night shots in a city. Where I usually try to steady the camera on a bridge railing or something. In those cases I never go without automatic bracketing. The shorter the time and the less manipulation between shots the better.

Pelican

OFFTOPIC:
I can't see any advantage to take two dual iso pictures instead of a normal bracket.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

N/A

Quote from: dmilligan on August 15, 2014, 12:56:35 PM
ln -s /usr/bin/rst2html.py /usr/bin/rst2html
Thanks for this tip, this fixed by compile as well. Brew prefers for the /bin/ folder to be in the /local/ folder, so it wasn't working until I realized this-
ln -s /usr/local/bin/rst2html.py /usr/local/bin/rst2html
Was the solution. Only took 3 years to learn  :D

Maybe I can learn a little coding by 2020.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

martinMK

Got myself to a standstill now..

$ make 5D2 V=1
make -C  /home/Administrator/ml/platform/5D2.212
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/Administrator/ml/platform/5D2.212'
echo
/bin/sh: hg: command not found
~/yagarto462/yagarto/bin/arm-none-eabi -gcc-4.8.3.exe -Wp,-MMD,./entry.d -Wp,-MT,entry.o -nostdlib -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -I../../include   -c -o entry.o ../../src/entry.S
/bin/sh: /home/Administrator/yagarto462/yagarto/bin/arm-none-eabi: No such file or directory
../../Makefile.filerules:33: recipe for target 'entry.o' failed
make[1]: *** [entry.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Administrator/ml/platform/5D2.212'
Makefile:18: recipe for target '5D2' failed
make: *** [5D2] Error 2

my path to yagarto is:

ARM_ABI=none-eabi
ARM_LIBC_A=../yagarto462/yagarto/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a

ARM_PATH=~/yagarto462/yagarto
ARM_BINPATH=$(ARM_PATH)/bin

I am confused with this line

and this one /home/Administrator/yagarto462/yagarto/bin/arm-none-eabi: No such file or directory

can some one give me some insights?

Thank you.

Audionut

I recall having some path issues.
Mine is currently setup like so.

http://imgur.com/yU9pgK6

hg is just complaining because it can't find the executable.  ~/yagarto462/yagarto/bin/arm-none-eabi -gcc-4.8.3.exe

dfort

Quote from: martinMK on September 14, 2015, 08:20:53 PM

Type: which hg
can your system locate it? Did you clone the source like this?

hg clone -r unified https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern

Different topic -- way too similar name, Getting started with development

It could be that your development environment can't find where your Mercurial (hg) is installed. This is likely to happen in Cygwin. If that is the case you'll have to install Mercurial again using the Cygwin installer.