[SOLVED] 5D2 became a brick / HELP !

Started by butoh, September 23, 2012, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butoh

hi guys,
a few weeks ago I bought ML 2.3. everything was ok until today. after a few hours of work (taking pictures only) I can not turn on my 5D2 again?! I charged the batteries, the camera did not even blink. what should I do with this problem? please help in this matter.

a1ex

Remove the card and the battery, then start without card.

butoh

i've done it for several times. now the situation looks like this - I can turn on my camera. when I shoot in Av mode with ISO set on 500 and  then I change on Live View mode - my ISO 500 is changed on 6400. I deleted ML from my CF card and wanted upgrade firmware to 2.2.1 - I can do it but after rebooting still have firmware 2.1.1 ?!?!

a1ex

Looks like it's solved. Clear camera settings and use it.

butoh

But as I said I cannot upgrade firmware and the ISO issue... What should I do? Please write me in steps

a1ex

Those are different issues, refer to Canon user guide.

butoh

thanks for your reply, but I don't think 'those are different issues' ... I could upgrade Canon's firmware before I install ML 2.3 so what should I do ? you are the experts. I appreciate your massive work and also donated it. but now I've got a problem I don't think I can find the answer in Canon's user guide. Please help me to solve it

nanomad

- Clear camera settings
- Do a low-level format of the card from the camera or a PC
- Re-try the updater
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5