[550D] "Save power when REC" missing

Started by Cobalt31, September 22, 2012, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobalt31

Hey there,

I am using a Canon 550D and in a previous version from 21. december 2011 there was the option "Save power when REC". I did many timelapses with the intervalometer and while taking photos the lcd was completely off.

I just updated Magic Lantern to the latest version and tested all the power saving options, but none of them turns off the LDC while taking pictures.

However I read the "Save power when REC" option should be available in this version...

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Jonathan

a1ex

Cobalt31

Thanks for your reply, however I checked for sure the submenu.

here is a screenshot of the submenu. And no I didn't make anything invisible by pressing menu.

I tested all options but none of them gives me the result of having the LCD off while making timelapse...

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Cobalt31

Doesn't work, on all the 3 lower options the first step is "after 5 seconds" and doesn't influence the timelapse.

It only turns off when inactive for 5 seconds.

I told you I tried everything in the submenu  :D

a1ex

Are you taking pics in LiveView or not?

Outside LV, press DISP/INFO.

Cobalt31

I usually use Liveview, yes.

But powersaving doesn't work in liveview and normal mode either.
I tried turning the display off with DISP/INFO, then the display is off but while taking timelapse the review of the before taken picture appears every time even if I use "take pics like crazy"

In the previous version of Magic Lantern the screen was completely off while taking with these settings.

a1ex

Cobalt31

Hmm this would be okay, however I have to change this every time I don't do timelapse then.

I am sure this worked before in the previous version :D

Would be bad if this can't be fixed when it worked before...

a1ex

I don't see why it should be changed. Maybe for a timelapse you want to sit there and review the images and bulb ramping calculations, and for another you just want the display off. You have the option to setup the camera for both cases - and it's quite straightforward.