5D MKII Problem after Using ML

Started by DiWizard, September 17, 2012, 07:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiWizard

Good morning to you al  :)

After started using ML on my Canon 5D MKII I noticed very slow power up and waking up of my SLR. When compared to my friends 5D MKII one can notice a huge difference in the lag time. I took off ML from my Lexar 400X, formatted the card and this time I tried it without ML and still my SLR is having very slow power waking up times compared to my friends SLR. Could I have damaged my SLR ?  :( .... and if not what can I do to solve this problem up please. I tried the reset settings option too but it didn't solve my problem.

I thank you so much for taking time to read this msg and hoping so get help about my issue since it's driving me crazy.

Good day  ;)

g3gg0

can you try both without any card?
do both cameras  have the same firmware version?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

DiWizard

When I tried the comparision both cameras where loaded with CF cards. Regarding firmware I'll check about that  ;)

a1ex

You can also try to disable the bootflag in the camera (uninstall ML) and see if anything improves.

Usually, larger cards = slower startup.

DiWizard

How can I make that please ? All I did was to format the CF card that I had ML on and its still slow.

nanomad

Re-run the .fir, it will tell you how to disable the bootflag on the camera (you have to turn the main dial when asked IIRC)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5