Canon 600d Not turning on

Started by s600da, September 15, 2012, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s600da

Morning all,

I have a query I was wandering if anyone could help with. Last night the my 600d stopped working, this came about after I formatted the memory card before removing ML. But when I went to turn the camera back on it just wouldn't, the LED blinks once but nothing happens and if I try to press the flash hood release it doesn't work. I've seen the thread for the Canon 5d bricking and will try these tips to get it back when I get back to the set with the camera.

Also prior to it stopping working ML was behaving oddly for me - in the menu where you select which features to work the usually green circles were red, and the zebra lines used for overexposure where not present. I haven't been able to find anything regarding this issue yet - and was wandering if the two problems could be related?

Any ideas

Thanks

Francis

Well the odd behavior sounds like you were in photo mode, and looking at the liveview overlays menu. They show red circles because that feature is not possible in whatever mode you are in. The zebras option was probably not showing up because you accidentally hid the option using the MENU button.

And your camera is not booting because the bootflag is enabled but you deleted the ML files. Format your card in the computer doing a low level format and you should be fine. Or download one of the 3rd party card utilities linked through the download page and use it to make it not bootable.