Tomorrowland 2012 Official Aftermovie timelapse sequences

Started by Matjoez, September 14, 2012, 12:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matjoez

Hi guys,

I created the hyperlapse sequences for this film, as well as a few other timelapse shots.

The hyperlapses can be seen at 2`13"" and 7`55"

Film was made by Epic Cinema (facebook.com/epiccinema)

Thanks to ML2.3, framing the shots and shooting at a fixed interval was very easy :)

Big up to the crew!!!

hd1roam

What an incredible visual  and sound experience. Never knew the festival existed.
Nice job on the filming, fun to see ML in action in a major production piece. If it (ML) is good enough for Disney... should be good enough for everyone.
ML ver. 2.3: mostly still photos, HDR, pano, and some video. Targets of choice; Art, landscape, wildlife, collector vehicles, events. Equipment; EOS 550D/T2i | EF 100-400mm L USM - EF-S 18-55mm f4-5.6 IS - EF-S 55-250mm IS - Win7Ult., Lightroom, Photomatix, Topaz Labs, Hugin, GIMP, Smugmug

Malcolm Debono

Love it (both the festival and the video, which I've already seen a few days ago)  :D

It's always nice knowing from those who use ML for professional productions such as this one! Keep up the good work  :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

bart

Really amazing work. The whole production is a great way to capture these huge events. I got some good inspiration out of it.

The hyperlapse looks like a very nice technique and is well executed in this movie. Thanks for sharing and added to "music video" in the MLCinema. If the hyperlapse parts were the only ones done with Magic Lantern then maybe it is not very representative. Let me know if more scenes were made with Magic Lantern.

EDIT: Removed from MLCinema because of lack of information.

Matjoez

Hi guys, sorry for the late response!

All timelapse and hyperlapse shots were done using magic lantern V2.3, the rest was shot on red epics so maybe it isn't too representative for ML indeed.