attack

Started by txankoko, September 13, 2012, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txankoko

Francis Frenkel

Totally unbearable, totally empty, just a few nice shots ... this is not enough.
I'm sorry.

Fran6
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

txankoko

I'm glad your opinion, which shares part of your judgment as to what to unbearable and empty ...

txankoko

indeed such categorical responses encourage me to keep looking sharp this to explain what images might not get to see...y disculpa mi ingles de traductor,saludos desde pamplona

nanomad

Well, I have to say that I agree with Francis. The video does not transmit any emotions at all, it's just a collection of random shots badly synchronized with the audio track. There's no story, no theme, nothing.
Keep in mind I'm not a videographer (heck, I'm not even a photographer!), so it's just the opinion of a random guy watching the video as if it was on MTV.
I suggest you go back to the drawing board. Try listening to the song again and ask yourself a couple of questions about the subject, the music and the emotions it is supposed to transmit to the listener. Your video should help the artist in that regard. If you're out of ideas try talking with him, maybe he has a ideas that is too shy to express (or maybe his ideas are actually in the current video and thus they needs more refining)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

txankoko

thanks for the analysis, there is nothing to tell, are my vacacioens with my friends, images captured at random and aimlessly. emotions??? ... those who were there and we feel we dump in our retina. regarding editing, totalemnete agree, I did it in two hours, telling intake and viewing had already forgotten.
  thanks, I need a lot of learning with reflex ... but I do not talk about emotions or empty that you were neither participated in the holiday or what enveloped

txankoko

I forgot: recorded with a 550d with the 18-55 and a 50mm 1.8, but steady, with a blazing sun and his head thinking about my vacation ... maybe you are very virtuous or very advanced equipment, but shake well without knowledge, and with that tone so adamant and rude does not seem proper to a forum that aims to bring together and enjoy the best or worst job of a person who is professionally engaged in this.

nanomad

Well, for one you didn't previously state what was the real subject of the video so I wrongly assumed it was the music (i.e. it was a "music video"). Now, given the new information i can revise, partially, my initial impressions:

- Emotions and such: I wasn't there so of course I can't comment on that. Maybe it was a bad choice of video to show us?
- Soundtrack and synchronization: this is still true, the images don't mix well with the music IMHO
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

txankoko

again thanks for your kind words and for your opinions, certainly the take this into account. As I wrote I am making contact with the reflex and this was an exercise more, the challenge was warm and summer stopping pictures with music that was anything but. I prefer to experiment and play with the rhythms of pictures and notes, so I think one can only improve and make things bette