ML 2.3 on T2i Recording to Ninja - Won't stay on past 30 min

Started by thegunshow101, September 13, 2012, 03:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegunshow101

So I have been using magic lantern for a while as a solution to do long records to my Atomos Ninja.. In the last version of magic lantern it worked well being able to clear the screens.. and also stay on forever via the half button press every 1 second..

Now I have installed magic lantern 2.3 and I'm having a tough time getting the recorder to stay on.. I figured out the first leap of clearing screens with in the new reordered menus (Display>>Clear Overlays>>Always)... however, I have yet to figure out the proper way to keep the camera on forever.. I thought (Prefs>>Misc Key Settings...>>Sticky Half Shutter>>ON) was the proper setting.. but this is still turning off after 30 minutes..

I really like the workflow in the new 2.3 to set up focus and exposure.. I'd really like to be able to stick to this version vs downgrade to the last (not even sure where I'd find it).. .

Can anyone help on this?

a1ex

thegunshow101

Well and I have solved my own issue.. Right after I posted (and after 2 weeks of trying to figure it out) the bubble in my head went off and I did some testing with the screens NOT cleared so I could see what I was doing.. I didn't realize that the sticky half shutter was not automatic.. (and as A1ex said) you have to press the half shutter once to activate... Its tricky though because when you do it with clear screens (to record HDMI) you don't really have confirmation of the HS...... but I will get used to it.. I just make it the last thing I press to get out of the menu window..

I'm currently testing and at 45 minutes the camera is still on.. so it looks its all good..

a1ex

You have LED confirmation ;)

Or, you can set "clear screen" to "half-shutter", so it will be even more obvious.

thegunshow101

Quote from: a1ex on September 13, 2012, 04:17:20 PM
You have LED confirmation ;)

Ah yes..nice

Quote from: a1ex on September 13, 2012, 04:17:20 PM
Or, you can set "clear screen" to "half-shutter", so it will be even more obvious.

... oh ya I didn't see that option.. I love that! 2.3 FTW!