Sony needs some ML treatment more than anything

Started by Nautilus, May 19, 2023, 06:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nautilus

Arbitrary feature omissions despite the compatible and powerful hardware is the only thing driving me nuts in this industry and Sony keeps doing it & gets away with it.

It became so annoying lately.

Can you believe that all Sony mirrorless SLRs omit 30p framerate option from h.265 codec? The weird thing is they let you record in higher frame rates, so it is not a hardware limitation, but not 30p... So if you are NTSC user, all you can do is 24p and 60p. I checked every single Sony SLR that is capable of recording H.265 and the issue persist in all of them.

Like they don't want you to shoot with that codec on purpose. I checked all the internet and there is zero reason why Sony SLR can't do it, but they won't. There has been numerous firmware updates and this has never been adressed for years.

I wish I was a capable computer engineer like ML devs and extract&edit the firmware updates that come in as .DAT files just to add that single 30p option in the menu.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

petabyte

Nautilus

Quote from: petabyte on May 19, 2023, 06:43:38 PM
Sony cameras run a stripped down Android, and are very easy to hack: https://github.com/ma1co/OpenMemories-Tweak

Unfortuntely it does not support newer Sony cameras. I saw a guy opened an issue asking the dev to support my camera hehe.

It seems like the dev abandoned it in 2017.

I wish ML was imported to Sony so that I can use false colors, raw recording, 30p h.265 recording and use custom lut i copied to sd card to adjust exposure.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System