Were to upload crash log?

Started by Lucagw, May 07, 2023, 10:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucagw

I would like to ask where i can upload the log for a crash ending with error 70 in my 600d. I was using mlv  module and various setting i.e. fps override. If i go to bug report i am redirected and cannot upload photos.
Thank you.
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

names_are_hard

Lucagw

Experimental lua.fix 2020.
Also find how to log in heptapod and upload files.
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

names_are_hard

I think this is yours: https://foss.heptapod.net/magic-lantern/magic-lantern/-/issues/2978

I don't think anyone uses that bug tracker anymore.

The image is a good start, but there's not enough information to attempt to reproduce the problem.  I don't have a 600d and mlv problems won't reproduce in qemu, so I can't really help.

Lucagw

yes, is mine.
this is crash00.log
ASSERT: 0
at Evf\EvfState.c:1190, Evf:ff0fa98c
lv:1 mode:20

Evf stack: 132f20 [133048-132448]
0xUNKNOWN  @ ff07e414:133040
0xUNKNOWN  @ ff1fbb10:133018
0xFF1FB56C @ ff032a3c:133000
0xUNKNOWN  @ ff1fb59c:132ff0
0xUNKNOWN  @ ca1490:132fc8
0xUNKNOWN  @ ff1fb624:132fa8
0xFF0142FC @ ff0fa988:132f58
0x00C70478 @ c70b74:132f20

Magic Lantern version : lua_fix.2020Dec28.600D102
Mercurial changeset   : 7e5067c0a8cf (lua_fix) tip
Built on 2020-12-28 18:19:56 UTC by jenkins@nightly.
Free Memory  : 259K + 977K

hope this can interest someone, there is also another file log00.log with the same timestamp that i cannot open.
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

names_are_hard

Does this crash always happen if you perform the same sequence of actions?

You can upload the logfile without opening it.  It is just a text file so I don't know why you can't open it.

Lucagw

Opened in a windows pc (was unable to open in Buster, strange, it tell me it's codified with a not compatible format)
it's quite long , will upload in opened bug in heptapod.
I think it's a problem of writing speed on sd maybe. I'm using a Lexar 128 gb c10 3 1066.
Not repeated yet the same sequence of actions.
Started recording, The recording was stopping after 3 sec then i was pressing LV button again, stopped after 3 sec, again LV button and so on for several times until crashed.
Maybe in the log is more detailed...
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

Walter Schulz

1066x is for proprietary overclocking protocol. 600D does not support this.
Canon implemented a very slow UHS-I mode in Digic 4 cams (like your 600D). Cam can do 25 MByte/s (theoretical bandwidth).

Lucagw

I think will be useful for me reading the post aboud cards, i remember to have seen something in the forum...
All cards i have are micro sd except an old 1 gb sd card.
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

names_are_hard

If it only crashed once and it's not repeatable, probably nobody is going to investigate this.  Thanks for uploading the logs, now if somebody wants to look at it they can.

The core problem here is that you're trying to record in a mode that requires more speed than your card / cam can provide.  You'll need to use a better card, as Walter suggests, or record in a lower resolution mode.

Walter Schulz

A better card would do nothing. Cam limit is 25 MByte/s no matter what.

Lucagw

I finish now to read posts about crds and supported video res for different eos series cam. It appears clear that 600d has limits and 720p is the max this cam can afford.
I recorded clearly with an unsupported mode, so the cam crashed.
Thanks to all for the help.
Luca
Canon EOS 600D

Walter Schulz

Invalid conclusion.
Buffer overrun should just terminate recording and not cause crashes.
720p is out of the question for continuous raw recording.
540p is more like it.

names_are_hard

Walter - my mistake, I thought you were saying this card was UHS-II and UHS-I fallback was making it even slower than the normal slowness.

While it's true it shouldn't crash, it looks very likely the crash is related to exhausting something due to not being able to keep up.  An intermittent crash when trying to do something the camera isn't capable of?  Very low priority to investigate.

Lucagw

I agree, just from my newbye point of view was something that wort to mention.
I will continue to investigate and learn functions of the  experimental-lua-fix.
Also interested in learning how to set up an environement for compiling for my 600d.
I am interested in astro.mo module, but will write in the right thread.
Nice to see such activity in ML project... wonderful!
Luca
Canon EOS 600D