Any way to get 1080x1920 Raw video ?

Started by bastospaco, April 19, 2023, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bastospaco

Hello there,

I'm using a 5D Mark III, with Firmware 1.2.3 and the crop_rec module, in can record in 1920x1920 in crop mode.

My gimball gives me best results in landscape mode, so i want to find a way to get a 1920px vertical resolution and use the content on social medias. (Instagram reels has 1080x1920 res.)

Do you know if there's a way to record in 1080x1920 ?
And if there's no way, is that possible to have one by adding something in crop _rec like a new res ?
Less pixels means more fps or more bits for my footages.

I think so many people will be interested by this feature, because so many people are watching vertical content on their smartphones.

Thank's for answers  :-*

names_are_hard

The cost in developer time to make new features is much higher than you'd expect.  So, because there's already a way to get what you want (rotate the camera), that also works with all modes, it's unlikely someone will spend the time to develop a different way to do the same thing.

bastospaco

I understand that, i was not able to know if it takes so much time to add a new res.  :-X

And i can't rotate the camera with my gimball, (DJI Ronin SC2), the 5D3 is to tall with an L bracket.  :'(

When i can, i rotate the camera, but for some moves with the gimball, it's impossible.

That's why i was asking.

Thanks for the answer !