First alpha version for 5D Mark III is ready!

Started by a1ex, September 12, 2012, 04:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjfilmspeed

full hd or 2.35:1 either way it would be a huge step and would most likely resolve way better! I feel like your site would flood with donations and angry c300 owners. or maybe happy ones if they use a 5d3 as a b cam. That would be plain amazing.

hjfilmspeed

Are there still alot of lock up reports for the 5d3? Or a people figuring out there own user errors ha ha JK! (that will probably be me my first boot)

kikouyou

You do not need ML to get lock up on 5D3, the vanilia FW does it by itself very well :-)

1%

Not sure how angry c300 owners will get as they can record for longer than 30 minutes.

hjfilmspeed

I know it can. Im just excited over this. For 11,000 less il take even 1 minute of uncompressed 422 recordings. While i agree the c300 is amazing and tack sharp, 15,000 is just way to far out of my range. im just a little sad with canon right now.

Its all good either way. You make the best of what you got.

a1ex

QuoteYou do not need ML to get lock up on 5D3, the vanilia FW does it by itself very well :-)

Do you have a way to reproduce?

I've got some random lockups with ML, but with the full feature set enabled, not with alpha nor with vanilla firmware. It's not compatible with chipped manual lenses though (lens protocol changed a bit) - but that's easy to fix, unscrew the lens a bit until it shows f/00.

kikouyou

The lock happened randomly twice since I have the camera and this was before loading ML
Since I have the ML alpha this did not happened again

Thanks for your hard work!

Looking forward to EyeFi compatibility, grey live display for focus peek and magic zoom

RenatoPhoto

I have only used ML since 5DMIII alpha came out.  I had noticed that my battery was being drained even when I did not use the camera so I ran some test this morning and found that when ML is loaded the RED LED blinks every four seconds.  Everything else works well, no other issues.

After the camera is at rest for about 20 seconds the LED starts blinking every four seconds.  If I take a picture of video the blinking stops untill the camera is at rest for about 20 seconds and the LED starts blinking again.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

a1ex

That LED warns you that you should turn off the camera. See FAQ.

RenatoPhoto

Thank you!  Can this drain the battery overnight?
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

a1ex

Only if ML somehow leaves DryOS in some inconsistent state (due to a ML bug).

The bug from FAQ is a Canon bug.

kikouyou

I got my EyeWiFi card to work with the Alpha!

I did that with a 5D3 and the 40mm 2.8 attached
I mention that as the lens FW adds one step to the FW upgrade (do not know if it is important so)

Here is what I had to do
1- Format with low level the eyefi card in the camera
2- Eject the card and plug it in my mac
3- Put the ML alpha in root directory, and eject

4-Then try to load the FW from the card in the camera
I get a black screen then nothing- no red light
5- Wait 5 to 10s  and then remove battery
6- Open card door and remove card
7- Plug card back in
8- Put Battery back
9- Get a message that the FW is upgrading with red lamp blinking (activity)
10-Push delete and see ML Alpha welcome page

if step 8 still leaves you with a black screen and nothing, leave the card out on step 7

Turn off camera
Turn on camera
Now the upgrade process to load ML works as in a regular card
And
EyeFi function is operational

I tried this with both 8G and 16G EyeFi card, could only get the 8Gb to work, the 16G gives me the black screen all the time

E

a1ex

Great!!!

Edit: locking the topic, please continue discussion in the development thread.