Anyone see Zeek lately?

Started by vincentm, April 04, 2023, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincentm

Hey guys

Newbie here. Big shout out to our amazing developers and their works. For me personally, Zeek is the reason why I bought my EOS M and got into this budget film stuff. His content helped me a lot as I am sure for many people here, too.

Just want to know if he is ok as he has not posted any new videos since 9 months ago.

Walter Schulz

He deleted his FB and Insta and wasn't logged on since.
I hope he is doing well but I'm afraid he isn't.

yokashin

70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Danne

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 04, 2023, 10:30:22 PM
Too bad to hear. I tried reaching out to him here emailing but nothing :(.

ilia3101

I last had a direct message from him in July, said he's busy doing other stuff, so maybe (I hope) he's doing alright.

Danne

Skinny

I hope he is alright, his channel gained so many views in the last year but he stopped uploading.. I was worried that something might have happened

vincentm

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 04, 2023, 10:30:22 PM

I saw someone say he notified members before he closed his FB group. Really hope it's just a personal decision.

P.S. Many thanks for your contribution to ML community, sir!

vincentm

Quote from: Danne on April 05, 2023, 03:40:33 AM
Too bad to hear. I tried reaching out to him here emailing but nothing :(.

I was kinda looking forward to his new video talking about your build. As an EOS M owner myself, can't thank you enough, Danne!

vincentm

Quote from: ilia3101 on April 05, 2023, 12:24:56 PM
I last had a direct message from him in July, said he's busy doing other stuff, so maybe (I hope) he's doing alright.

Really wish him well. Guy is like a saint, humble and down to earth. Just a simple "he's ok" will do more than enough. :(

yokashin

I don't have a facebook account... Can someone write to Zeek?

https://m.facebook.com/eosz.zeek.7
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: yokashin on May 28, 2023, 07:26:20 PM
https://m.facebook.com/eosz.zeek.7

That isn't ZEEK, it seems like a scam, ZEEK deleted his FB account around ~10 months ago.
It seems someone created FB page with the same user name which was used previously by ZEEK (FB link is still there in ZEEK's YT channel).

yazcui

I came to this forum specifically to ask this question. Just seems really strange he'd disappear without a trace. He was always helpful answering my questions about the EOS M. Just strange.

Skinny

So guys still no news? Anybody heard anything about him? FB, discrod, other platforms? Anyone tried emailing him?

yazcui

Anyone in Australia? Zeek's FB page says his number is <Deleted by mod>. Just wondering if someone can check up on him.

Mod intervention:
See reply #11.

yazcui

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on May 28, 2023, 09:25:27 PM
That isn't ZEEK, it seems like a scam, ZEEK deleted his FB account around ~10 months ago.
It seems someone created FB page with the same user name which was used previously by ZEEK (FB link is still there in ZEEK's YT channel).

I don't believe this is true. The link to his FB page is right on the about section of his YouTube channel.

kitor

Have you ever read the quote?

> ZEEK deleted his FB account around ~10 months ago.
> someone created FB page with the same user name which was used previously by ZEEK
> FB link is still there in ZEEK's YT channel

And then your argument:
> The link to his FB page is right on the about section of his YouTube channel.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

theBilalFakhouri

Zeek seems okay?

a post from user "Cole Power" from MLV RAW ON EOS M Facebook group:

Screenshot-2023-11-10-042030" border="0

Link to the mentioned youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@LivesReach/videos

(last video was ~month ago, last comment from the YT channel is ~3 hours ago on the same video).

petabyte

Kharak

Happy he is okey and happy that he found the answer!

Thanks for sharing.
once you go raw you never go back

Skinny

I'm glad he is ok, although it would be interesting to know why he decided to abandon his channel..

yazcui

[MOD: full quote edited]
Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on November 10, 2023, 02:29:03 AM
Zeek seems okay?

Thanks so much for finding this and posting it!