Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition (650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, April 01, 2023, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernani

Quote from: ilia3101 on April 03, 2023, 10:44:05 PM
Oh you'll see about reponsiveness ;)

Any news about the crowd funding yet? We're amped up! (Iknow I am)

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Grognard on April 04, 2023, 10:29:17 PM
Yes it's usefull for making a DCP or when we mix rushes from another camera in 24fps with 23.976 fps without sound shift.

I see, well, it won't be real 24.000 FPS, but it will be in 24.00X to 24.0XX range depending on the preset (more accurately, on FPS Timers).

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Ernani on April 06, 2023, 02:27:51 AMAny news about the crowd funding yet? We're amped up! (Iknow I am)
It will probably start in less than 36 hours :)
Will let you know once it's online!

Grognard

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 06, 2023, 06:00:31 AM
I see, well, it won't be real 24.000 FPS, but it will be in 24.00X to 24.0XX range depending on the preset (more accurately, on FPS Timers).

Thank you. The closest is better than nothing.

Grognard

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 04, 2023, 10:08:01 PM
Limited FRTP in 3K preset is possible, currently it would be limited to 2868 width and the remaining 204 pixels will be black.

Before you will find a new magic trick... and I'm sure you will ;) I wonder if the missing data is necessary on the right part of the screen or if it can also be on the left part and if they are a way to switch between the two screens each frame or toggling with info button.

Fabsrl88120

leBilalFakhouri, thank you for your impressive work. Are you going to develop it on the 70 d?

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Grognard on April 06, 2023, 10:53:42 AM
Thank you. The closest is better than nothing.

Will try to implement an option to round FPS as close as possible to 24.000 FPS, it should be an easy task, why not.

Quote from: Grognard on April 06, 2023, 11:23:25 AM
Before you will find a new magic trick... and I'm sure you will ;) I wonder if the missing data is necessary on the right part of the screen or if it can also be on the left part and if they are a way to switch between the two screens each frame or toggling with info button.

Thanks, I didn't make a try to balance the missing part of frame in both left and right sides yet it could be possible.
Switching the preview each frame more likely will cause corrupted frames while recording, still not quite sure yet.

Will take a further look in future!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Fabsrl88120 on April 06, 2023, 02:33:18 PM
leBilalFakhouri, thank you for your impressive work. Are you going to develop it on the 70 d?

Thanks, 70D has same preview implementation as in 5D3 and 6D which is different from entry-level models. Current preview stuff can't be ported to 5D3 / 70D / 6D.
More work will be needed for these models, if we could control the preview on 5D3 that would mean 70D will benefit from same research, also 6D.

Already answered the current state of my preview work on 5D3. I might document the initial findings for 5D3 on the forum in future in case if someone would help.

amitkattal

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 06, 2023, 03:00:10 PM
Will try to implement an option to round FPS as close as possible to 24.000 FPS, it should be an easy, why not.

Thanks, I didn't make a try to balance the missing part of frame in both left and right sides yet it could be possible.
Switching the preview each frame more likely will cause corrupted frames while recording, still not quite sure yet.

Will take a further look in future!
Or another alternative could be is to not have 204 black pixels on one side but rather have 102 black pixels on either side. Since most people focus on things in center of frame anyway and also it would look less jarring.

You can take such ideas and take time and release such things as "add ons" for your crop mood build. especially if u come up with more improvements and more ideas and still keep this build as perfect as possible.

pmiramon

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 06, 2023, 03:00:10 PM
Will try to implement an option to round FPS as close as possible to 24.000 FPS, it should be an easy task, why not.

Thank you Bilal, we will keep an eye out for the crowfunding announcement!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: amitkattal on April 06, 2023, 03:13:19 PM
Or another alternative could be is to not have 204 black pixels on one side but rather have 102 black pixels on either side. Since most people focus on things in center of frame anyway and also it would look less jarring.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I will dig into it in future and will check its possibility to happen.
Even if it wasn't possible I will make a limited FRTP for 3K preset in future releases (it will still be way better than Canon cropped preview, even with a black bar).

Quote from: amitkattal on April 06, 2023, 03:13:19 PM
You can take such ideas and take time and release such things as "add ons" for your crop mood build. especially if u come up with more improvements and more ideas and still keep this build as perfect as possible.

Yes, that's what I was aiming for in first place :) , in addition when the source code get realased, anyone will be able to contribute too.
Also, the future improvements from my side will be for free as long as it don't take me hundreds of hours of work or a lot of effort.

BatchGordon

About the crowdfunding, maybe someone will not agree, but why not impose an upper limit on the money offered by each individual person, perhaps around 15/20 dollars?

I don't want to be misunderstood, I certainly don't intend to devalue the work done by Bilal, which I consider extraordinary and incredibly superior to what he asks in return.
I only believe that crowdfunding is good when there is broad participation, in which many people can and are in some way encouraged (if not "forced") to contribute.

By the way, last time, when I saw the subscription, it was already closed thanks to a few generous users. This time I really want to contribute.  :)

theBilalFakhouri

@BatchGordon

Thanks!

Anyone can donate as much as he can, there are no lower or upper limits . . what's the problem with that?
Any amount is welcome.

andy kh

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 07, 2023, 05:52:58 PM
@BatchGordon

Thanks!

Anyone can donate as much as he can, there are no lower or upper limits . . what's the problem with that?
Any amount is welcome.
he is the only one who has problem. there will always be someone like him on the forum
5D Mark III - 70D

theBilalFakhouri

Okay, here we go:

Crop mood - Build Walkthrough

-The video shows what to expect from the build
-The build will work in the same way on 650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D
-You missed reading the first post? I will read it because it has useful info

Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition Campaign

-Pricing: 2214 GBP
-PayPal, debit and credit cards are supported

-Every donation will make us one step closer to a release date.
-You are paying for the things that have been done at its current state.

-Once we reach our goal, both the source-code and the build will be released to everyone!
-Now the thing is forward to ML community hands :)

vincentm

Done. It's not much, but money well spent, happy to pay my share.

SebastianC

Markus

I'm hoping for 5d3 but I sent some support right now. ;-)

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: vincentm on April 08, 2023, 04:32:42 PM
Done. It's not much, but money well spent, happy to pay my share.

Thanks! Every amount counts :)

Quote from: SebastianC on April 08, 2023, 06:04:17 PM
Pay money. I hope 5d3 is future!

Quote from: Markus on April 08, 2023, 06:57:59 PM
I'm hoping for 5d3 but I sent some support right now. ;-)

Thank you! as always, will try my best :)

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

First 24 hours were passed, 844 from 2214 GBP raised!
It's 38% from the goal.

I am really impressed, thank you for believing in the work I have done.
Thanks everyone for your support and your comments.

The campaign continues. Let me help!

Grognard

Done!

My little contribution to your amazing work. You saved our money by avoiding to buy a new cam ;)
Thank you!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Grognard on April 08, 2023, 09:39:40 PM
Done!

My little contribution to your amazing work. You saved our money by avoiding to buy a new cam ;)
Thank you!

Thank you for your support :)

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

48 hours were passed, 1184 of 2214 GBP raised!
It's 53.4% of the goal.

The campaign continues. I will contribute!

iaburn

If this update is not making every Magic Lantern user that can afford it to contribute, I don't know what will!  :D

Mattia

Just donated even if I'm not an Eos M user anymore, I sincerely admire your work, Bilal! and I also hope you'll futher develop ML for 5d3 :)