EOS M

Started by polosmu, March 24, 2023, 05:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polosmu

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and probably should have signed up sooner.
I bought a month ago an EOS M with a 22mm and 18-55mm lens to shoot RAW video.
Following the indications of the forum, I bought a 128gb 200mb/s sand disk extreme pro.
Installed latest version of ML specific for EOS M by Denne "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2023Mar02.EOSM202".

I checked the settings in the Canon Menu setting, RAW, MF etc.

Benchmark SD about 84mb/s at 240mhz.

What do you think it could be about?

What do you advise me to do?

names_are_hard

If this problem occurs when there is no SD card in the camera, or when you use a card that doesn't have ML on it - then this is very likely a physical problem with the cam itself.  Might be a sensor problem, since the screen can be used to display menus etc.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: polosmu on March 24, 2023, 05:41:45 PM
The problem is present even when the camera is without SD memory.

Are you sure the problem happens with no SD card inserted in camera?
Does the problem happen with SD card inserted in camera without ML?

Because the two videos you have shared it seems ML was installed. And these kind of artifacts can happen with bad ADTG/CMOS configurations.

polosmu

Walter Schulz

You always get malloc error with RAW recording enabled. Disable this and read works, too.

Error should affect "read", not write! Please share a screenshot if you have malloc error during write.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: polosmu on March 25, 2023, 09:04:52 AM
Where do I find the ADTG/CMOS configurations?  Could it be a canon firmware issue?

ML changes ADTG/CMOS configurations only when using crop modes. if ML isn't installed then ADTG/CMOS configurations back to default.
If you have the issue you described without ML installed, I think it's a hardware issue as names_are_hard said eariler. So you can't do anything in this regard (CMOS/ADTG thingie).

If I were you I might try to re-install Canon firmware and see if this solve the issue.

polosmu

Today I try again to uninstall ML and verify the functioning of the camera.
If the problem persists I try to overwrite the canon firmware 2.02. Do you know with which application I can reinstall the canon firmware?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: polosmu on March 27, 2023, 09:04:02 AM
If the problem persists I try to overwrite the canon firmware 2.02. Do you know with which application I can reinstall the canon firmware?

Within camera menu.

polosmu

I tried to refresh the firmware by updating to 2.02.
The problem persists.
I have the impression that it is less blocking without ML.

I'm having a much smaller problem without ML. Often when you turn on the camera or immediately after taking a shot, the display flickers. The problem seems to be solved by simply clicking on the focus button or entering and exiting the canon menu.
With ML the camera resumes normal operation more rarely.

names_are_hard

Your video seems to be set private, I couldn't watch it.

Do you see this problem without ML on the card or camera?

polosmu

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: polosmu on March 27, 2023, 05:38:07 PM
sorry, try now.

Try to answer our questions please.

My questions:
Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on March 24, 2023, 08:39:35 PM
Are you sure the problem happens with no SD card inserted in camera?
Does the problem happen with SD card inserted in camera without ML?

From @names_are_hard
Quote from: names_are_hard on March 27, 2023, 05:29:13 PM
Do you see this problem without ML on the card or camera?

Was ML installed in the video you have shared? Do you know how to remove ML?

If you don't know, format SD card in PC, put SD card back in camera, don't install ML, check if the problem is still there or not, report back.

polosmu

names_are_hard

Great, thanks for confirming that.

This doesn't sound like an ML problem, but some problem with the camera.  Possibly sensor hardware related.