Black border in Black Magic

Started by RTR Joe, January 09, 2023, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTR Joe

Hi Guys I am new to the TV stuff but I'm in with both feet now , I bought a Black Magic stem pro iOS nice piece , but I need cameras for my studio , I have 2 T5 Canons and a T3 Canon all have HDMI out which is great , I installed Magic Lantern on all 3 no problem but I have one issue and I'm hoping it's a setting . All 3 camera are set on video on tripods and the picture we get is HD no problem but it has a black box around it , I have tried everything to get rid of them . If I plug my iPhone in as as a camera it's the full screen like it should be .
Can anyone guide me on how to fix this ? Just one other little issue is randomly the camera's click off and the click back on a couple seconds later . I have the camera's set to never shut off . Any tips ? Thanks a million . You can see the show on YouTube @RacetimeradioTV
Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to TV versed in radio !

dpjpandone

you can't get rid of the black box, you have to crop the hdmi feed with your streaming software to make it full screen

RTR Joe

Are you familiar with the Black Magic switcher by chance ? Where would I look on it ?
Thanks so much !

dpjpandone

Quote from: RTR Joe on January 09, 2023, 10:28:18 PM
Are you familiar with the Black Magic switcher by chance ? Where would I look on it ?
Thanks so much !

they make several, which one? 4 channel atem mini?

dpjpandone

looks like you can zoom in until the black bars extend off the screen (disappear)