5.7K music video

Started by masc, October 29, 2020, 08:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

I am still very impressed by the 5D3 5.7K anamorphic mode! Thank you again Danne!

We now recorded a music video with this mode - just to try out how good this could work. We recorded 6 takes à 3:30min. And I was impressed: I forgot to enable card spanning, but it worked anyway, continuously! I got 120GB on my CF's for 21min, so we recorded about 95MB/s. The setting was 1920x2340 pixels (resulting in 5760x2340) and 12bit.

In post, I corrected and graded the footage in MLVApp only and exported to 4K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru1tJM-IRwg
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Grognard

Nice! Very natural look.
Which lens did you used?

Thomi

Nice work, I like the warm colors, they really fit the atmosphere and lyrics!

Danne

IDA_ML

It is so nice to see that in these ugly times there are still people thinking about love and creating such beautiful and sensible music.  And others who, thanks to ML's intelect, film such amazing cinematic videos.  Congratulations Masc!  This full sensor readout anamorphic mode is really fantastic and I am glad to see that more and more people become aware of it and use it so successfully in their creative work.

masc

Thank you all!

Quote from: Grognard on October 29, 2020, 08:30:24 PM
Which lens did you used?
In 5 of 6 takes we used the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, and one take was recorded with the EF 100mm f/2.0. Both lenses were used fully opened all the time.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ChristianEOS

Christian Bruno James

Danne

masc

Quote from: ChristianEOS on October 31, 2020, 07:24:27 PM
The whole time at 5.7 k?
Yes... without any problem. Works until card full or battery empty.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

One more video with more or less the same settings. 9 angles/shots à ~20GB.
https://youtu.be/F0l-9RohBIQ
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

iliush

Nice! Thanks for sharing! 👏👏👏

sahrenity

You can also check out this video production agency if you need a professional video clip. They also specialize in commercials and business presentations. I think it might be interesting and useful.

Bruno Italiano

Good music.
Some music videos are filmed with real anamorphic lenses. I see that all the Sony cameras record mostly in 16:9, using an anamorphic adaptor I think that aspect ratio then gets too extreme. Maybe the Magic Lantern Developers would be able having an even better aspect ratio? Will there be any another Canon EOS 5D Mark III built? I am sure there would be donations? 🤑😉😇

dpjpandone

Quote from: sahrenity on December 02, 2022, 08:49:56 AM
You can also check out this video production agency if you need a professional video clip. They also specialize in commercials and business presentations. I think it might be interesting and useful.

spammer ^^^^^

dpjpandone

Quote from: masc on November 20, 2020, 09:54:03 PM
One more video with more or less the same settings. 9 angles/shots à ~20GB.
https://youtu.be/F0l-9RohBIQ

masc, nice lighting! this is very well done 8)

btw your video at the top of this thread is "unavailable"