Mode: 1080p, 5K anamorphic
Lenses: 7Artisans 50mm, PG Rokkor 50mm
FPS: 24fps, 40fps
Wide shots: DJI Pocket 2

Nick_Andr

green chroma interesting

and horisontal mirror ))

bocago

Hi @Nick_Andr. Yup. That's an artifact from the 1080 mode, but since it's mostly for mobile viewing and not for professional work, I am not really bothered.

ML700D

you can fix that using ca desaturated or chroma smoothing 3x3 in mlvapp, imo.
EOS 700D

bocago

Thanks @ML700D. I did add CA Desaturate but not at 100%. It was about 70% to preserve certain hues from desaturated so much. Do you also have these artifacts in 700D?

ML700D

sometimes in certain conditions,
btw using arri log c preset will help too..
EOS 700D

Skinny

I found that if you use CA desaturation in mlv app - sometimes the footage may begin to look like it was denoised or compressed to some very crappy quality... so I almost never use it, except when it is really necessary.

In this example in your NLE you can easily use color replacement tool or something like that, select for example this dark green color (use color picker), and desaturate it or change it to the color of paper. Use mask to select problematic area (for example, this book) so you won't change colors in other areas of your image.. it is relatively easy.

By the way, I like the look of your video, how you color grade it?

bocago

@ML700D, I haven't tried Arri Log C preset. But I'll give it a try for my next shots.

bocago

@Skinny, thank you for the tips. Yeah, I think color-masking the green and changing it to the similar hue and saturation as the paper will help remedy this. I really didn't notice that green artifact until someone here pointed it out. But I am really aware that artifacts may occur in my 1080 shots, and I don't really mind with that because I focus more on the overall image, such as color, composition and exposure.

For color grading, I did it mainly in the MLV app, exported as Prores, and refined some color (if necessary) in Final Cut Pro while editing the sequence. BTW, some of the shots in this video were in Dual ISO.

ML700D

when using log c creative adjustment is unchecked by default, when activate it the clip will darken, sometimes underexposure. In this case I just increase the light strength Lighten to around 70.

dual iso is good for close up but I've got some issue when shot wide or far, usually around the edge or narrow object like fence etc.

in your video how to deal with noise in low light condition?
EOS 700D

Skinny

Quote from: ML700D on December 12, 2022, 02:40:37 PM
when activate it the clip will darken, sometimes underexposure. In this case I just increase the light strength Lighten to around 70.
If you want to have the exact look as it was before checking "creative adjustments", just reduce dark strength to zero. It will look exactly the same  :o :P

I even think dark strength should be set to zero by default with log C, so people can do adjustments easily if they want to.. But it is just my opinion :)

ML700D

Quote from: Skinny on December 13, 2022, 12:17:21 PM
If you want to have the exact look as it was before checking "creative adjustments", just reduce dark strength to zero. It will look exactly the same  :o :P

I even think dark strength should be set to zero by default with log C, so people can do adjustments easily if they want to.. But it is just my opinion :)

yes.. you are right.. I never thought of it before.. lol 😄
EOS 700D

bocago

True. I always use creative adjustments on slog3 with dark strength at 0.