Skipped Frames Stopping on 60D w/ 32 GB card.

Started by aworkofmarc, October 31, 2022, 05:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aworkofmarc

Hi all...

My camera won't record more than 7 or 8 seconds before "skipped frames stopping" error and stops.

any ideas?

Also --this tutorial guy shows a "raw_rec" setting I do not have. Is his an older software build?

Thanks...

If you can't fix it with a hammer -- Ya got an electrical problem.

Walter Schulz

No details given.
When asking why something didn't work you should always add infos:
- Exact build name/version
- Settings
- Card type
- Benchmark numbers for card

Without info you get generic answers like:
60D is limited to 25 MByte/s transfer speed in theory and about 20 in real life. Adjusting RAW/MLV recording you wil get an estimation about recording performance at the bottom. Font colour yellow: No continuous recording. Record will break.

To compare this cam to others (real life numbers): EOS M/650D/700D can do around 80 MByte/s. 5D3 manages to get 145 MByte/s.

Yes, video is outdated. raw_rec.mo was replaced by mlv_lite.mo years ago.
If you want to explore raw recording I recommend to use "10/12-bit RAW video" build instead. Install instructions for nightly build apply. https://builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments.html

aworkofmarc

Walter!  You're AWESOME!  Thank you.

I will add the info shortly! 

aworkofmarc

aworkofmarc

aworkofmarc

NUTS! 

That was short lived.
Back to 8 seconds and skipped frames stopping.

I'm wondering.. does turning on the feature like focus peaking and zebras cause more memory and thus makes it crash with skipped fr5ames stopping?

UPDATE: This software really is worthless. Epic time suck for nothing. Tried 14, 12, 10, bps. Tired 1920, 1600, Tried no features on.  NOTHING WORKS. Which probably is why the dev's abandoned it. Insanely frustrating....