Overheat Canon 500D

Started by serxiolas, October 21, 2022, 08:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serxiolas

Hello!

First of all thanks to all developers and the community for this wonderful work you are doing!

Here is my issue:

I installed lua fix for having a clean HDMI output for using my 500D as a webcam and it works fine but the camera progressively increases its temperature and in about 1-2 hours of working it shows a message of overheat (Canonlike not ML) and stops working.

Is this a known issue? Is there some feature I may shut down to prevent the heat?

Thank you in advance!

Walter Schulz

It is a known issue with 50D recording RAW.

I suppose you are running cam with an external power supply. There may be an issue with that. Are you able to test voltage under load? Any measure without load will not make sense.
Problem with external: To avoid undervoltage some devices use voltages well above 7.2 Volts. This overvoltage may cause some internal heating. You may (!) get better results using a big external battery.

But given the duration I suppose some small fan at quite low speed will be sufficient to generate enough air flow for cooling down your cam.

serxiolas

Thank you for your answer! I will test the voltage of the external power supply, and follow your advices!