Wedding Film / 6D / 12-bit Lossless MLV - LISA & KYLE

Started by Tyronetheterrible, October 01, 2022, 04:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyronetheterrible

A relaxed, chill cabin wedding of two good friends that I got the pleasure of shooting in Falcon Lake, Manitoba.

All shots were on a 6D in 12-bit lossless, 60fps slow motion in the max resolution of 1824x616, and then stretched by 1.67 in Resolve.
I used a Canon 24-105 with a Black Pro Mist 1/4 for the entire day.

Aerial shots were filmed on a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 in D-Log.

I used a combination of @Andy600 's Cinelog-C shaper LUTS along with Dehancer, using "Cineon Film Log" as the Input Source in order to best integrate with Cinelog-C's colorspace. I am very pleased with its close-to-authentic film emulation.

Sidenote: For shits and giggles, I thought I'd try processing the MLV files in both MLVFS and MLV App to see if there was any significant difference, and wow, does MLV App handle highlights and highly saturated areas remarkably better to the point that it almost looks like it adds an extra stop of dynamic range in the highlights.

MLVFS use to be my go-to from when I had a computer that didn't have the space nor processing power to playback in any practical way, but now that I have an M1 Max MacBook Pro which plays back DNG files like butter, I will strictly be using MLV App from now on.

SebastianC

Beautiful colour and good film feeling!
I like the slow motion which is perfect!