New 240 MHz preset for 5D3 / EOS M / 100D (Download available)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, September 07, 2022, 05:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno Italiano

I just recorded without 14bit lossless.
First magic lantern settings:
Presets > OFF
1920x1290
Movie>    RAW videw     >.   Data format          >  14-bit lossless\14-bit.
With Sound
Basically I completely FrozenLV. So there was absolutely no preview.
Anti global draw {ON}
Movie>Shoot>Focus>Display
Anti Canon GUI {ON}

Second magic lantern settings:
Danne's 5K I set to 12bit.
Presets > anamorphic
Movie>    RAW videw     >.   Data format          >  14-bit lossless\12-bit.
Anti global draw {ON}
Movie>Shoot>Focus>Display
Anti Canon GUI {ON}
So there was absolutely no preview.
In the normal Canon menu I completely disabled sound recording. And of course. Enable sound {OFF} in magic lantern.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: domasa on September 18, 2022, 09:41:26 PM
Is it possible start recdording to CF card only and continue by overlocked SD card (after filling CF card) without interruption (stop/start record)?

I think it should be possible, but I don't know how to do it.

Ernani

So, I've been testing the hell out of my Samsung Pro plus 128gb micro. I get constant recording at around 70MB/s. Green pretty much all the time. On ML benchmark it goes above 90MBs every time, usually around 94MBs. No matter how much I tried, I experienced no drops to 20MBs like I did before the 15th build. Now 240mhz seems very stable even after long clips, no significant overheating either.

People, I think this is it. This is the build. I don't remember feeling this excited since Danne pulled MCM rewire! Good job, Bilal!

eosm user

Side note: I wonder if other than 14, 12 and 10 bit, it would be possible to choose 8bit... in cases where the end product would be B/W and color depth is not paramount. I know this is off topic, just a curiosity.

Danne

Yes, 8bit possible but there will be tearing regardless if color or b&w.

Ernani

Quote from: Danne on September 19, 2022, 05:41:56 PM
Yes, 8bit possible but there will be tearing regardless if color or b&w.

:o Really now? I wonder what the difference in size would be from 10bit...

wyup

you made it!  ;)

Version: Sept19.EOSM
Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 200MB/s
Benchmark: 85/85/85/85 MB/s

Actual Recording Speed: 3k 10-bit 2.35:1, E4.3, approx: 74.5MB/s on the yellow continuous, except brightest exposures, momentary peaks up to 77.2 MB/s

EOS M, 15-45 IS STM, 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I 200 MB/S

theBilalFakhouri

@koopg @Bruno Italiano @Ernani @wyup

Thanks for the tests. Glad it worked for you :)

theBilalFakhouri

Another new sd_uhs version can be found here:

SD Overclocking - DIGIC 5 only

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 21, 2022, 02:20:39 PM

- Contain latest Universal sd_uhs code
- Added show CID info option
- Little fixes and modifications

Check it out

- Test "Show CID info" on all models (on 5D3 / 100D / 700D it seem to work fine)
- The module should work fine, report back if there is regression
- Test the module on EOS M2 1.0.3

gabriielangel

Ernani

ChiefZer0

Hey all. I know this is just testing here and I'm new(and still learning) but I want to try it too.
Can someone give me the download link(s) needed for this?

Also I don't really know how ML works completely yet but once this is decided stable enough will someone make a fully combined build download for this?

Thanks

Walter Schulz

ChiefZer0

theBilalFakhouri

Another SD card works with the new sd_uhs:

Quote from: Papa-Yeti on September 16, 2022, 01:07:35 AM
SD Card: Lexar Professional 256GB 1066x SDXC UHS-I (Silver Series)
Read:Write (OEM claimed): 160MB/s:120MB/s

gabriielangel

A new card tested today on EOS M:
Sandisk Extreme Pro 200MB/s-256GB
PNM: SR256
OID: 2022/06
Rated R/W: 200/140 MB/s

Tested with Danne's Latest Build Sept29-2022
Sandisk-Extreme200-MBs-256-G-New" border="0

Tested with Latest Module on Bilal's post.
Sandisk-Extreme200-MBs-256-G-Stock" border="0

Records on par with the earlier Sandisk Extreme Pro Cards.

Thank you again to everyone involved!

gabriielangel

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 16, 2022, 03:25:27 AM
Slightly off-topic and shape of things to come. Stable recording? Nope, just benchmark!
Running with 280 MHz now:

Is this build available to test for EOS M? I just received my 140MB/s Rated Write card. Might as well test it while I'm doing the resolution tests.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: gabriielangel on October 01, 2022, 02:33:08 AM
Is this build available to test for EOS M? I just received my 140MB/s Rated Write card. Might as well test it while I'm doing the resolution tests.

Currently it's not available in public. It still doesn't work on EOS M / 100D / 5D3.
It works on 650D / 700D in Play mode only, in LiveView it drops to 21 MB/s.

Currently I am not working on it. 280 MHz shared benchmark was more like a proof of concept.

ChiefZer0

So maybe I'm reading this wrong, as I'm a noob, but you it's not working on the eos m?
I put the module in danne's build and I am able to shoot 3k and 4K modes 1minute for the later longer for the previous. Only thing is that its frame rate drops to around 15-20. I'm going to check my settings again later. Before I got seconds. (I did turn over clocking on).

If I'm wrong, be gentle. Haha

Walter Schulz

With new sd_uhs.mo 240 MHz is stable for all W90 (or higher) UHS-I cards. New module is available for 5D3/EOS M/100D. See thread title.
Benchmark quoted by gabriielangel is unstable 280 MHz test run which can do just benchmarks ATM and won't work at 280 MHz in EOS M.

You should be able to get your actual fps number by looking into MLVapp. It will tell you frames taken and duration and fps numbers.

Danne

Quote from: ChiefZer0 on October 02, 2022, 07:29:45 AM
So maybe I'm reading this wrong, as I'm a noob, but you it's not working on the eos m?
I put the module in danne's build and I am able to shoot 3k and 4K modes 1minute for the later longer for the previous. Only thing is that its frame rate drops to around 15-20. I'm going to check my settings again later. Before I got seconds. (I did turn over clocking on).

If I'm wrong, be gentle. Haha
3k and 4k comes with reduced frame rates. I think 3k 2.39:1 is 24 fps if I remember correctly.

ChiefZer0

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 02, 2022, 08:47:20 AM
With new sd_uhs.mo 240 MHz is stable for all W90 (or higher) UHS-I cards. New module is available for 5D3/EOS M/100D. See thread title.
Benchmark quoted by gabriielangel is unstable 280 MHz test run which can do just benchmarks ATM and won't work at 280 MHz in EOS M.

You should be able to get your actual fps number by looking into MLVapp. It will tell you frames taken and duration and fps numbers.

Oh ok. I missed the part about them talking about the 280 MHz and assumed it was 240. My bad.

I understand that about MLV but I can't look at the app for a little just the video.

Quote from: Danne on October 02, 2022, 09:05:41 AM
3k and 4k comes with reduced frame rates. I think 3k 2.39:1 is 24 fps if I remember correctly.

Oh I see thanks. I'll take a look

scriptmonkey

As of the cards falling back to low speed. If the temperature is really the cause, maybe this hack would work: a micro SD adapter whose sides are partially replaced with metal, the micro SD card glued between the metal parts with a thermal glue.

dpjpandone

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 07, 2022, 05:26:20 PM
Edit 20/9/2022:

Latest sd_uhs which works perfectly on 5D3 / EOS M / 100D and other DIGIC 5 models:

where is the source?

dpjpandone@MSI:/mnt/d/DEVELOPMENT/Crop_Rec4kMAIN/modules/sd_uhs$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

only .c file and .mo was in the zip

theBilalFakhouri

sd_uhs.c is the source code, you will need other files to compile it "Makefile" and probably "README" too, example:
https://foss.heptapod.net/magic-lantern/magic-lantern/-/tree/branch/sd_uhs/modules/sd_uhs

You can get them from the link or create them.

Or check the latest sd_uhs version (which include show CID info) here:

Overclocking - DIGIC 5 only

This:
Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on February 12, 2021, 10:32:15 PM
../ Source code / ...

This include "Makefile" and updated "README".