Feelworld F6 PLUS with 5d3

Started by Dmytro_ua, August 06, 2022, 12:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmytro_ua

I've recently received an external monitor Feelworld F6 PLUS and will use it with 5d mark III.

If anyone is interested in this monitor and need some information how it works in this combination, feel free to ask.  ;)

5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

vastunghia

Which ML Raw preset are you planning to use this monitor with?
5D3 for video
70D for photo

whitelight

Hi Dmytro_ua,
can you tell us a bit about it? Easy to see in daylight? Ports and ergonomics? Max screen resolution with ML raw?

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: vastunghia on August 06, 2022, 10:31:15 PM
Which ML Raw preset are you planning to use this monitor with?

I'm going to use 1920 presets (regular and x3) as 5d3 has proper preview via hdmi.
I wish to use 5k anamorphic, but the preview through hdmi is broken and not usable.

Quote from: whitelight on August 07, 2022, 10:43:09 PM
Hi Dmytro_ua,
can you tell us a bit about it? Easy to see in daylight? Ports and ergonomics? Max screen resolution with ML raw?

Easy to see in daylight? - I'll try it outside during this weekend. I chose 500nit monitor instead of ultrabright as it has better colors. On ultrabright they are not correct.
Mostly I shoot inside so its brightness is more than I need.
It's not as hot as ultrabright and uses less battery.
I like the possibility to power it up with type-c powerbank, LP-E6 batteries. I still didn't buy big SONY batteries. I put powerbank in my pocket and connect with a cable. So it is not as heavy as with a huge Sony battery on it. But I need more time for testing.

When connected to a camera the size of image has black bars on left and right. But I scaled resolution in monitor by 118% so now it is on a full screen (as you can see on pics above). Monitor remembers my settings even if the battery was removed.

Focus peaking works a little bit strange. It highlights some contrast thin shapes which are not in focus. And it may not highlight on close distances with shallow DOF. Maybe it's because HDMI resolution of 5d3 is low. I don't know. ML focus peaking works much better. For such situations it has sensitivity level, but if you increase it, you'll have more problems on regular objects.

Overall I like it. I was not sure what size I want. 5,5 or 7". But now I understand that 5,5 is really what I need.

Dmytro_ua

p.s. Sorry for late response, somehow I didn't receive any notification on my email.

whitelight

Thanks for your detailed answer, looking forward to hearing about further tests